2003 angels=2004 marlins

Marlins04

im sorry to say it i have been praying it wouldnt come to this. in todays games the fans were rooting them on, everybody loud, and wat happens, lo duca swings at the first pitch wit pierre on 2nd and 1 out. now there is 2 outs. then cabs strikes out. :banghead . this team needs to get there stuff together. i just hope we land above .500. even 83-81. its almost impossible to go on a winning streak when u r winning then losing twice, win twice, lose twice. so much inconsistency. like the angels of 2003. but look it the angels this year. they got there act together. we need to have a good off-season. that means keep lo duca, get a stadium to keep lowell, pray that pavs stays, get and outfielder since cabs is moving to first. unless niner stays and goes back to left. and when do we get rid of hamptons and pudge's contract money. without it we could have signed vlad in the off-season. that would have been huge!!!!!!! :mischief2

Guest markotsay7

Man, going 83-81 would be nice if we played 164 games.

The offense is slumping. Badly. But it happens, and eventually the team will pull their weight. Unfortunately, we'll be too far down in the standings for that to make a difference.

the angels also were lucky enough to have one of the richest men in the country (known for wanting to win at all costs) buy the team a season after they won the WS.

no such luck here.

507338[/snapback]

Moreno didn't take over till Late in The Season most of The 03 Angels were the same team as 02. I believe Owens was their biggest signing.

the angels also were lucky enough to have one of the richest men in the country (known for wanting to win at all costs) buy the team a season after they won the WS.

no such luck here.

507338[/snapback]

Moreno didn't take over till Late in The Season most of The 03 Angels were the same team as 02. I believe Owens was their biggest signing.

507614[/snapback]

right, hence the "a season after they won the WS."

the angels had an offseason to look forward to in 04, while the marlins don't quite have the same fortune (and won't, considering i cant imagine anyone buying the team with the ongoing limited partner legal situation.).

personally, i'd love for the team to be sold to an owner with deeper pockets. sports fans really shouldnt have to be preoccupied with an owner's financial situation.

no such luck here.

507338[/snapback]

507614[/snapback]

the angels had an offseason to look forward to in 04, while the marlins don't quite have the same fortune (and won't, considering i cant imagine anyone buying the team with the ongoing limited partner legal situation.).

personally, i'd love for the team to be sold to an owner with deeper pockets. sports fans really shouldnt have to be preoccupied with an owner's financial situation.

507636[/snapback]

:thumbup

no such luck here.

507338[/snapback]

507614[/snapback]

507636[/snapback]

Someone call Mark Cuban

no such luck here.

507338[/snapback]

507614[/snapback]

507636[/snapback]

That's crap man...I don't want this team to be sold!! Loria might not be the richest man out there, but he believes in this team, and gives us enough to field a competitive team. The talent is here, we haven't performed so far this year, that's the bottom line. John Henry had a s***load of money, and he took this team down the drain with his s***ty ass administration. We need an owner who wants to win, who believes in the team, and who wants baseball in South Florida....that's JEFFREY LORIA!

He's a smart guy....he's investing in the team, building a fan base...once we get a stadium, the big money mo's will begin to fill his pocket!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.