Another loser move by Bush

Guest FishFanInPA

Guest FishFanInPA

Apparently there is a truce signed during the olympics that there will be no fighting during the olympics and every other country in the world signed it except for us because Bush doesnt want to back down to anyone and says that the Olympics arent cause for us to stop fighting. I think that is a p***y move by Bush and another reason not to vote for him. Tony Blair who is the staunchest politician I know, signed the treaty and still had troops in Iraq. I can't believe he won't sign....what a p***y move.

Apparently there is a truce signed during the olympics that there will be no fighting during the olympics and every other country in the world signed it except for us because Bush doesnt want to back down to anyone and says that the Olympics arent cause for us to stop fighting. I think that is a p***y move by Bush and another reason not to vote for him. Tony Blair who is the staunchest politician I know, signed the treaty and still had troops in Iraq. I can't believe he won't sign....what a p***y move.

512483[/snapback]

Classic case of spin here....

If Bush did give in to the truce, you'd criticize him for compromising the safety of our troops giving their lives in Iraq.

Apparently the rape rooms, torture chambers, and gassed villages don't mean s*** to you Beinfest4Prez.

I thought liberals were all for human rights?

Or do you only care about the convenient, money saving human rights... like the right to kill your own baby?

Apparently the rape rooms, torture chambers, and gassed villages don't mean s*** to you Beinfest4Prez.

Or do you only care about the convenient, money saving human rights... like the right to kill your own baby?

512604[/snapback]

OMFG.

You conservatives go on about how there are WMDs and thats the whole reason we are there. And then you say "OMG its a human rights mission lay off on our wonderful and saintly president!"

Give me a f***ing break. We are there for all the wrong reasons. Now if they went under the context that Saddam was torturing people and was commiting genocide I would support the war.

Don't say I don't care about the human rights because in fact, this war helped Israel a lot. But I still won't support it for the reasons we went there for and the reasons we stand by staying there.

512604[/snapback]

OMFG.

You conservatives go on about how there are WMDs and thats the whole reason we are there. And then you say "OMG its a human rights mission lay off on our wonderful and saintly president!"

Give me a f***ing break. We are there for all the wrong reasons. Now if they went under the context that Saddam was torturing people and was commiting genocide I would support the war.

Don't say I don't care about the human rights because in fact, this war helped Israel a lot. But I still won't support it for the reasons we went there for and the reasons we stand by staying there.

512607[/snapback]

Give me a f***ing break. Take a look at yourself. You and half the country is trying to justify why this evil, brutal dictator should still be in power!!!

Isn't liberalism great?

I supported this war from the get-go not because of the WMD claims, but because Saddam has been in power way too long, killed thousands, and turned Iraq into a modern day Nazi Germany.

President Bush and his Administration had the balls to make an unpopular decision, and America did what THE WORLD should have been doing.

But all of a sudden, war on terror is now a left-right issue.

Liberalism stinks.

512604[/snapback]

OMFG.

512607[/snapback]

Give me a f***ing break. Take a look at yourself. You and half the country is trying to justify why this evil, brutal dictator should still be in power!!!

Isn't liberalism great?

I supported this war from the get-go not because of the WMD claims, but because Saddam has been in power way too long, killed thousands, and turned Iraq into a modern day Nazi Germany.

President Bush and his Administration had the balls to make an unpopular decision, and America did what THE WORLD should have been doing.

But all of a sudden, war on terror is now a left-right issue.

Liberalism stinks.

512608[/snapback]

Haha, your a traitor to all your conservative friends.

Dood, I would've supported the war if we went for the right reasons like you listed, genocide, torture, oppression etc. But goddamnit we went because "OMG Saddam has WMDs, hes gonna launch them at the US tonight and give the rest of them to Osama to blow up the world!"

You have no idea what the f*** you are talking about.

CFdodge, the frustration with us on this side is not that we dont want to help people under oppression. You just cant make that argument. For the longest time liberals have been the ones arguing the plight of those suffering. Yes some Democratic leaders have botched this in the past through politics. But we will not let conservatives who have alterior agendas hijack this issue out of convenience. Prior to Bush saying so, how much did you really care about the plight of the Iraqi people? Be honest, at least with yourself. There are many people in the world suffering right now through various oppressions. I have yet to see much of a campaign by conservatives to go out and help them.

You just cant simplify things into bumper sticker phrases like, "help people against evil." The world is pretty complicated...arguments arent just that simple.

Guest Juanky

Yeah, no conservatives care about human rights :confused

BTW, A little tidbit. During World War 2, the Pope openly asked all countries participating in the conflict to not bomb the Vatican. The Catholic Church remains neutral in conflicts of this nature, and for that reason shouldn't have been included in the attackts. All nations swore they wouldn't hit the Vatican.

Only Hitler kept his word.

Had bush signed the treaty, there would be an increase in casualities in Iraq during that time, also, it would delay the U.S. in its progress.? Bush wants our troops out as quickly as possible.

512596[/snapback]

Like they ever should've been there.

512600[/snapback]

Good job of changing the subject...

BTW, A little tidbit. During World War 2, the Pope openly asked all countries participating in the conflict to not bomb the Vatican. The Catholic Church remains neutral in conflicts of this nature, and for that reason shouldn't have been included in the attackts. All nations swore they wouldn't hit the Vatican.

512721[/snapback]

Because the Vatican didn't say anything about the Jews getting killed right? Or the gypsies, homosexuals, mentally disabled, non-german catholics right?

512721[/snapback]

Because the Vatican didn't say anything about the Jews getting killed right? Or the gypsies, homosexuals, mentally disabled, non-german catholics right?

512735[/snapback]

Exactly how much "speaking out" can one realistically expect from the Vatican considering where it was located geographically during the war?

512743[/snapback]

The Vatican is a religious insitution. If it stood up to its values it would've.

LOL, modern day Nazi Germany. :lol

Nazi Germany also had the blitzkreig, one of the strongest armies at the time, a nation following hitler and everything he said, boatloads of funds, enormous military power, and intellectual and economic prosperity.

Yea Iraq had all of those.

the people of this nation were decieved into false reasons for going to war and theyll respond on november 2nd.

The Vatican is a religious insitution. If it stood up to its values it would've.

512745[/snapback]

Do values matter to a dead man?

Institutions (of all sorts) typically value self preservation above all else.

Can you name a single person or institution that made a suicidal move upholding "values" that effected any sort of significant positive outcomes on the world after it was wiped out?

The Maccabees are as close as I can come to an example - but all they provided is some nice inspirational stories, cherished traditions, etc. In practical terms, on the ground at the time, getting yourself greased means you don't live to fight again another day.

512777[/snapback]

Tonyi, I understand your point, but its a religious insitution that shouldn't have stood by as millions of people were murdered. Of course the nazi's would've ended up killing them all anyway since they aren't German.

Oh yes another example, the masada. Jews that committed suicide rather than be subjected to Roman religion and rule. Also the US in the beginning of the Revolution would be a good example.

IMO, its disingenious to claim the Vatican stood by and "did nothing".

Even Yad Vashem favorably mentions Vatican involvment and approval in efforts to smuggle Jews out of europe, and recognizes significant efforts by many Italian clergy.

Who are we to believe here? The Yad Vashem orgainzation, or the "common knowledge" that the Vatican did nothing?

IMO, significant behind the scenes action speak louder than "public pronunciations" that would only be futile and damaging to further clandestine efforts.

512967[/snapback]

The vatican openly admits to doing nothing.

Guest Juanky

Yeah, no conservatives care about human rights? :confused

512721[/snapback]

512735[/snapback]

You do realize that the Holocaust was not known until pretty much after the war was completed, when the Americans were liberating most of Europe?

BTW, the Holocaust has absolutely nothing to do with what I posted, you know it, so keep it out of it. Don't take this as a chance to bash my religion's HQ, and I won't take your response as a chance to bash your religion for the numerous things it has done wrong. Because yeah, everyone's quick to defend the other two major religions, and quick to crucify mine. Butt the f*** out.

512721[/snapback]

512735[/snapback]

You do realize that the Holocaust was not known until pretty much after the war was completed, when the Americans were liberating most of Europe?

And yeah, no Catholics died in the Holocaust.....

513013[/snapback]

Really. What are you looking at Juanky?

512721[/snapback]

512735[/snapback]

BTW, the Holocaust has absolutely nothing to do with what I posted, you know it, so keep it out of it. Don't take this as a chance to bash my religion's HQ, and I won't take your response as a chance to bash your religion for the numerous things it has done wrong. Because yeah, everyone's quick to defend the other two major religions, and quick to crucify mine. Butt the f*** out.

513013[/snapback]

I am bashing yours because of what it did then. Not today because they are actually making an effort to support Judiasm.

Guest Juanky

I am bashing yours because of what it did then. Not today because they are actually making an effort to support Judiasm.

513019[/snapback]

How is pleading not to have Holy Ground bombed something wrong?

513019[/snapback]

How is pleading not to have Holy Ground bombed something wrong?

513026[/snapback]

How is standing by and letting millions die not wrong?

513576[/snapback]

Take a look at what you just posted, genius.

Partisanship at its worst, right here.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.