Play-Off Mentality Now in Grasp

Flag Man

Last night in LA was critical. If we couldn't come through for our heroic Lo Duca...

we didn't "deserve."

We came through. Big crowd. Vocal. Famous stadium. Against Division Leader.

It had to remind our guys of last year's Play-Offs.

We don't have the Cardinals line-up.

We need emotion to bring out our best.

Last night, IMO, reminded our guys of last year and that they've done it before and can do it again.

It was a special victory.

And tonight we'll give A.J. his over-due support!

Play-Off mentality is back.

Last night's victory makes coming home with a winning record and getting back into the wildcard (not to mention the divisional) race seem within the team's grasp.

While it's premature to suggest a sweep of LA, this team desperately needs to get used to winning again. The thing I remember most about last season was the oft-repeated comments of numerous teammates that they when they went to a ballpark every night the "expected" to win. The team needs to get 10 over, and quickly, and with some luck and hard-nosed effort, not to mention some breaks falling in their direction, they can.

Anyone notice Conine and Lowell conversing on the infield immediately after the game? They had "that" look, that hungry look, and I'd bet they weren't discussing whether to go out for chinese or mexican.

With twelve games left in August they control their destiny.

Last night's victory makes coming home with a winning record and getting back into the wildcard (not to mention the divisional) race seem within the team's grasp.

While it's premature to suggest a sweep of LA, this team desperately needs to get used to winning again. The thing I remember most about last season was the oft-repeated comments of numerous teammates that they when they went to a ballpark every night the "expected" to win. The team needs to get 10 over, and quickly, and with some luck and hard-nosed effort, not to mention some breaks falling in their direction, they can.

Anyone notice Conine and Lowell conversing on the infield immediately after the game? They had "that" look, that hungry look, and I'd bet they weren't discussing whether to go out for chinese or mexican.

515457[/snapback]

Yea, I noticed Jeff and Mike talking a lot at Miller Park when I was there this weekend. Before the game on saturday when the team came out to strech they were over by the dugout talking and joking. They did their warm-up together. They have become good friends it seems. Nice to see that, they are both good guys and Conine will be the FIRST retired Jersey the Marlins put up. I am so proud of his efforts over the last few months he has really stepped up and become what we wanted from him. I know he wasn;t to sharp early on in the season, but I can't beleive so many on this forum turned on him so quick after all he has done for the Marlins.

515457[/snapback]

That scene really jumped out at me. Two dedicated pros really enjoying the moment and anticipating there's more to come!

I know he wasn;t to sharp early on in the season, but I can't beleive so many on this forum turned on him so quick after all he has done for the Marlins.

515460[/snapback]

As my ex says, they turned on him "like mayonnaise on the beach".

515466[/snapback]

Ahem...dont mean to say "I told you so"...

Everyone (should have) knew that Conine was going to be fine. He is a professional hitter and isnt showing any sign of slowing down. The thing that plagued him early on was an injury that nagged him. Like I said, if this team is going to win, Conine has to hit - and he has been. This team IS turning the corner and it is getting that winning feeling back. You had to give it a few games after the trade for people to adjust - but that adjustment period is over and we are on our way.

Now, if only the Braves can fall back to earth...

tho Conine's resurgence has been fun, what i really liked seeing last night was Pierre's 4 rocket-shots last night (2 went for hits, one was snared brilliantly by super-tall Choi, and the last one might have been a home run in a smaller ballpark). i get the feeling we are about to see Pierre go on one of his streaks again. and when that happens, that's when this team excels.