AJ strikesout 14 and sets a new franchise record

Accord

AJ just struckout Mark Sweeney which was his 14th strikeout of the game and set a new Marlins franchise record for most strikeouts in a game, the previous franchise record was 13 K's in a game held by Brad Penny. Who said pitchers aren't better after Tommy John surgery? :D

Congrats AJ.

I think AJ is going to be a huge part of this stretch run last year when the Marlins were making their run he had to sit and watch. But now this year he gets to be a part of it and wants to make sure that he gets it done. I think we have seen him doing that thus far with todays start and his last start against San Fran.

Guest Juanky

So, for the fans that haven't been watching too long. You saw AJ's pitches in full effect for the first 5 innings, full velocity and pretty much full movement.

Is Josh Beckett still the Marlins' best pitcher in your eyes?

Beckett's Talent>>>Burnett's Talent

Right now:

Burnett>>>>Beckett

Beckett gets his act together and you have two pitchers that are probably better than Prior and Wood. Not mention the fact we have a 21 year old star named Dontrelle, whose been getting the curse of the J-Beck run support from last year lately, we also have that guy Pavano. Heard he's contending for a Cy Young. We also have now, one of the best bullpens with Seanez, Mota, Benitez, Koch, Perisho, Manzy, Bump. I think we are pretty well off.

Guest FishFanInPA

Burnett is our can't miss ace.....Let Josh go....AJ's stuff is better and his head is slightly more better off then Josh's

On a side Note.....Bump still sucks.,

Guest Juanky

Right now:

Burnett>>>>Beckett

Beckett gets his act together and you have two pitchers that are probably better than Prior and Wood. Not mention the fact we have a 21 year old star named Dontrelle, whose been getting the curse of the J-Beck run support from last year lately, we also have that guy Pavano. Heard he's contending for a Cy Young. We also have now, one of the best bullpens with Seanez, Mota, Benitez, Koch, Perisho, Manzy, Bump. I think we are pretty well off.

532246[/snapback]

Sorry, AJ has better stuff.

Right now:

Burnett>>>>Beckett

532246[/snapback]

532258[/snapback]

I said talent...

532158[/snapback]

No way.

Pavano>AJ>Beckett

532319[/snapback]

Based on preformance over this season you can put Dontrelle ahead of Beckett, too, obviously. If someone told me Beckett and AJ would have 10 or so combined wins going into September I'd be furious.

I remember my theory for the Marlins winning again this year was Josh and AJ combined for 9 wins last year. I never thought this would happen again.

Guest Juanky

Right now:

Burnett>>>>Beckett

532246[/snapback]

532258[/snapback]

I said talent...

532284[/snapback]

How does AJ have better stuff yet Josh has more talent?

speaking of bump, i cant wait till people say he has a low era excluding his start and today.

he sucks.

but great job for burnett!

532307[/snapback]

OK, here's the deal.

The Marlins weren't holding runners at all in that inning, if you didn't notice. They stole without throws, took extra bases without throws. Bump's job was also to throw strikes, not to pitch, just so the game ends.

But it's ok Bump sucks nuts.

Guest Juanky

532158[/snapback]

No way.

Pavano>AJ>Beckett

532319[/snapback]

Ha

Sorry man, Carl doesn't have close to the stuff the others have. The Ace of this staff wears 34.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.