Mckeon to keep Easley in?

Flamarlins3

With the team winning with Damion Easley at second base, McKeon says he may go with the hot hand for a while. In last year's playoffs, McKeon noted he kept Mike Lowell out of the lineup for some games because the Marlins were rolling without their All-Star third baseman.

Luis will be in the lineup no doubt soon but interesting that he is even considers keeping Easley in the lineup when Luis is healthy. Whatever works I guess.

It's that time of the season where Jack throws all allegiances out the window and puts the eight best guys out there every night with no regard to egos or sensitivities.

It seems to me what Jack is doing and will do right until we clinch or fall off to the wayside is be unmerciful about playing time.

And I think the players all know it.

McKeon showed last season he'll sit anybody from Mike Lowell to Juan Encarnacion to Mark Redman or Carl Pavano. It's a tremendously useful motivational tool. Hopeully he's as successul employing it this September as he was last.

I wouldn't mind seeing Easley in the lineup because his bat has been superb. This is another case of wishing Marlins were in AL so we could have the DH.

541205[/snapback]

The DH is evil, I feel bad for all those AL pitchers which have been in the show for a long time and never had an actual major league hit :lol .

I don't put much faith in how well a guy hits when playing what part of the field. Unless you're a DH it shouldn't matter where you're at for the other half-innings.

Easley is probably hitting so well while playing 2B because he's been allowed to take over Luiy's spot in the order ahead of Lowell and Cabrera, instead of batting ahead of Encarnacion/Redmond and Alex when taking over for Conine/Choi at 1st base.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.