1994 assault weapons ban expires on MONDAY

Accord

good!? next, we need to eliminate registration.

552441[/snapback]

hell yeah!!! And make RGP's available to anyone interested!!! :cool

552805[/snapback]

those are presently legal! just, you cannot seel a RPG attached to an automatic weapon.

anything you can hold in your hands short of anti-aircraft missiles and suitcase bombs should be left attainable to the people.

Oh and convienence like being able to buy my milk AND AK - 47 in one stop shopping at Walmart.

Thank God you can't buy music with naughty language in Wal-Mart.

When I turn 21 I think I'll get an AR15 and mod it to look like the gun from Aliens. That'd be sweet.

To those who say that because you can still get an assault rifle with a ban. It means their should be no ban because people still get through.

Answer me this, If a child molestor or murderer can get away with the crime sometimes. Do you make those crimes legal because you can't stop all of them?

Of the responsible gun owners I know. It's like finding the needle in a haystack for one who thinks they need to own one or should own an assault rifle.

Their expensive to shoot, you can't use it for hunting, and what do you feel you've accomplished by shooting a barrage of bullets at practice targets?

The government's not coming to get you by stopping you from owning a weapon you don't need.

Oh and convienence like being able to buy my milk AND AK - 47 in one stop shopping at Walmart.

Maybe someday I can have my weed and prostitues add into that cart. :plain

552577[/snapback]

Can you explain to me why places with very strict gun control laws have such an incredibly high crime rate? Infact since the very strict gun control laws went into effect DC has actually seen an increase in gun crime, why? Because the only ones with guns are the criminals. Australia completely banned all firearms many years ago and the s*** has hit the fan and the rate of violent crimes have skyrocketed because average citizens have no chance at defending themselves and the only ones with guns are the criminals. Chicago, Washington DC, and many other big cities with strict gun control laws have seen extreme rises in violent crimes involving firearms since those laws were enacted. The only thing gun control laws are good for are depriving honest citizens from a means of defending themselves.

Firearm ownership prevents over 2.5 million criminal attacks each year, is that enough of an argument? Firearms are not good or bad, it's the human holding them that makes the decision on whether to pull the trigger or not. Too many ignorant commoners are under the immpression that guns jump off of shelves and fire randomly at crippled people and puppies, nobody wants to assume personal responsibility anymore.

The second amendment is the fundamental right we have which protects every single other right that we enjoy as Americans and human beings. Most honest law abiding gun owners that own guns have probably never shot their guns outside of a controlled situation like at a range and will always tell you that they hope they never have to. It's better to be safe than sorry, period.

If we ban high powered guns, we might as well ban high powered cars such as Ferrari's. I mean, nobody NEEDS 650 horsepower unless they want to break the law, right? :rolleyes: .

Gun control laws are un-American.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

The right to keep and bear arms as a plausible defense against a tyrannical government was made obsolete with the invention of the repeating rifle in the late 19th century. And contrary to what gun rights activists will tell you, the following is not true:

1) Your semi-auto rifle will not serve as a deterrent if the world's most potent and technologically advanced military decides to turn against its' citizenry.

2) One does not need a semi-automatic weapon to hunt anything. Same goes for a handgun.

3) Losing your right to carry a hand-cannon or a semi-auto rifle is the not first misstep down the slippery slope towards a dictatorship. Fact is, if the leadership of this country wants and is able to create a dictatorship via the military, you holed up in your basement with four semi-autos and a years' supply of Ramen noodles ain't gonna stop 'em. You think the US public is better armed than that of the Iraqis, or Afghanis? Everyone there owns an AK, alot of good that did them.

552117[/snapback]

1) 80 million armed civilians > 3 million armed soldiers. No amount of technology would be able to overcome those odds unless nuclear weapons were involved.

2) I'm not disagreeing with you, infact i'm completely against any sort of hunting.

3) So the fact that one man with a gun couldn't stop a dictatorship means we should just ban them anyways and not care? Absurd. I like every other proud American would rather go down fighting than take it up the ass.

Can you explain to me why places with very strict gun control laws have such an incredibly high crime rate? Infact since the very strict gun control laws went into effect DC has actually seen an increase in gun crime, why? Because the only ones with guns are the criminals. Australia completely banned all firearms many years ago and the s*** has hit the fan and the rate of violent crimes have skyrocketed because average citizens have no chance at defending themselves and the only ones with guns are the criminals. Chicago, Washington DC, and many other big cities with strict gun control laws have seen extreme rises in violent crimes involving firearms since those laws were enacted. The only thing gun control laws are good for are depriving honest citizens from a means of defending themselves.

Firearm ownership prevents over 2.5 million criminal attacks each year, is that enough of an argument? Firearms are not good or bad, it's the human holding them that makes the decision on whether to pull the trigger or not. Too many ignorant commoners are under the immpression that guns jump off of shelves and fire randomly at crippled people and puppies, nobody wants to assume personal responsibility anymore.

The second amendment is the fundamental right we have which protects every single other right that we enjoy as Americans and human beings. Most honest law abiding gun owners that own guns have probably never shot their guns outside of a controlled situation like at a range and will always tell you that they hope they never have to. It's better to be safe than sorry, period.

If we ban high powered guns, we might as well ban high powered cars such as Ferrari's. I mean, nobody NEEDS 650 horsepower unless they want to break the law, right? :rolleyes: .

553447[/snapback]

c/o departement of justice, Anyone notice a pattern? Anyone?

If it comes down to taking away guns that serve no real purpose and our founding fathers had no idea about in order to cut crime dramatically. I'll make do.

If wanting safer streets and seeing a country where violent crimes continue to drop is Unamerican, than this is not a country which should control such a large economy.

Can you explain to me why places with very strict gun control laws have such an incredibly high crime rate?? Infact since the very strict gun control laws went into effect DC has actually seen an increase in gun crime, why?? Because the only ones with guns are the criminals.? Australia completely banned all firearms many years ago and the s*** has hit the fan and the rate of violent crimes have skyrocketed because average citizens have no chance at defending themselves and the only ones with guns are the criminals.? Chicago, Washington DC, and many other big cities with strict gun control laws have seen extreme rises in violent crimes involving firearms since those laws were enacted.? The only thing gun control laws are good for are depriving honest citizens from a means of defending themselves.

Firearm ownership prevents over 2.5 million criminal attacks each year, is that enough of an argument?? Firearms are not good or bad, it's the human holding them that makes the decision on whether to pull the trigger or not.? Too many ignorant commoners are under the immpression that guns jump off of shelves and fire randomly at crippled people and puppies, nobody wants to assume personal responsibility anymore.

The second amendment is the fundamental right we have which protects every single other right that we enjoy as Americans and human beings.? Most honest law abiding gun owners that own guns have probably never shot their guns outside of a controlled situation like at a range and will always tell you that they hope they never have to.? It's better to be safe than sorry, period.

If we ban high powered guns, we might as well ban high powered cars such as Ferrari's.? I mean, nobody NEEDS 650 horsepower unless they want to break the law, right? :rolleyes: .

553447[/snapback]

c/o departement of justice, Anyone notice a pattern? Anyone?

If it comes down to taking away guns that serve no real purpose and our founding fathers had no idea about in order to cut crime dramatically. I'll make do.

If wanting safer streets and seeing a country where violent crimes continue to drop is Unamerican, than this is not a country which should control such a large economy.

553472[/snapback]

how do those images prove a single thing about assault rifles when we have seen a 25 year decline in crime in general?

talk about misinformation...

how do those images prove a single thing about assault rifles when we have seen a 25 year decline in crime in general?

554051[/snapback]

When violent crimes were higher in 93/94 then in 79, I think that crosses out the point that crime was on the way down in 94 from 79.

554051[/snapback]

When violent crimes were higher in 93/94 then in 79, I think that crosses out the point that crime was on the way down in 94 from 79.

554056[/snapback]

you got a point there. i'm thinking of something i read in time magazine.

however, you still cannot prove assault weapons are the reason. 2% or some ridiculously lower amount of crimes committed with guns use automatic weapons...so for a trend that large, the ban means absolutely nothing...especially when you can still buy assault weapons anyway.

exactly, a citizenry with assault weapons would be no more dangerous then now...it would probably be safer.

554257[/snapback]

Exactly, and that is what all these anti-gun activists like the Brady's fail to realize.

If every honest law-abiding citizen owned a firearm, this country would be a lot safer than it is now. If you were a criminal and you were going to rob a house, would you rob a house if you knew the people that lived in it owned a gun? Of course not. Millions of violent criminal acts are prevented every single year by honest law-abiding gun owners.

rape and child abuse is worse here i think.

but a good example is alaska. everyone has guns, no one robs anything...just barely. people leave cabins with snow machines and ect. totally unlocked. i want to retire there.

555569[/snapback]

Let's think about this:

Crime is low in Alaska because:

A. Everyone has a gun (not likely, I don't think everyone has a gun)

B. Low population in a large state (therefore much too spread out for criminals to do any damage)

Granted, I'm pretty sure that every able-bodied Israeli is required to possess an Uzi (Marlins, do I have this right?), but there's a difference between living in a perpetual state of war, with every user trained in the use of the gun, and a nation where a common Joe can just walk into a gun shop and walk out with an AK-47 untrained.