Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Most overratted....

Featured Replies

Most overrated to me is Josh Beckett. He has had some fine performances and the playoffs last year were incredible, but what else has he done but be injured and hyped?

 

Win the franchise its second World championship perhaps?... (notice the sarcasm cuz im laying it on pretty thick.)

I think you do have to be hyped to be overrated. The only players with a buzz on this team are Dontrelle, Miggy, Beckett. Of them you would have to go with Beckett because he hasnt really put together a whole season yet.

I think you do have to be hyped to be overrated. The only players with a buzz on this team are Dontrelle, Miggy, Beckett. Of them you would have to go with Beckett because he hasnt really put together a whole season yet.

569168[/snapback]

I would say Pavano has the same hype considering it has been said he will be one of the most wanted pitchers on the market this offseason even though he was only a .500 pitcher before this year with a kind of high ERA and this has been his only good year. (Derek Lowe) :whistle

I'd have to say it's a tough call.

 

For me, I think Lowell is the most overrated. He's a first half performer who has always tailed off in September (remember, last year he didn't have a September).

 

Nationally, I think it's Dontrelle Willis because the rest of the world thinks of him as an ace, but we know better so I exempt him from this conversation.

 

Popular opinion wise, I think it's Pavano. I know (as do many) that he is effective because he doesn't have the pressure of being our #1 or #2 or (when we had Penny) our #3, that's why he was so valuable. He is key to our hopes of staying competitive so that's why he has to stay, but he isn't our ace, not by a long shot.

 

So, for me, I'd have to say Lowell, but I really think that for the most part a lot of guys don't get the credit they deserve.

Lowell was injured last September. I dont think he is overrated at all. He is as solid as they come.

569249[/snapback]

 

I know he was injured, it prevented his swoon :plain .

Josh Beckett in every category.

Definitely Josh Beckett. If he got rid of his ego mabye he'd be able to live up to his reputation.

I'd have to say it's a tough call.

 

For me, I think Lowell is the most overrated. He's a first half performer who has always tailed off in September (remember, last year he didn't have a September).

569228[/snapback]

A lot of sluggers slow down late in the season. The difference between Lowell and most is that Lowell finds a way to contribute. Most will continue to hack and hack and hack. Lowell tries to become more a contact hitter and pushes the ball the opposite way. The last two Septembers he's played in (this year and 2002) he's hit over .300.

I'd have to say it's a tough call.

 

For me, I think Lowell is the most overrated.? He's a first half performer who has always tailed off in September (remember, last year he didn't have a September).

569228[/snapback]

A lot of sluggers slow down late in the season. The difference between Lowell and most is that Lowell finds a way to contribute. Most will continue to hack and hack and hack. Lowell tries to become more a contact hitter and pushes the ball the opposite way. The last two Septembers he's played in (this year and 2002) he's hit over .300.

569318[/snapback]

 

That's about the most quiet .300 ever.

Most overrated to me is Josh Beckett. He has had some fine performances and the playoffs last year were incredible, but what else has he done but be injured and hyped?

568818[/snapback]

 

Exactly. He has good stuff but this year, it looked like he only played well when he felt like it.

When the year started Beckett, but I don't think anyone's expectations have exceeded pitching more than 5 innings for the better part of the last few months.

 

Overall, I vote for Rudy Seanez. He's not the flamethrower he used to be.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.