Steve Alford

Iowa

It's being rumored that he is having/had an affair with his secretary and that his wife has kicked him out of the house and also has a restraining order on him.

I thought this was a baseless rumor but then asked some pretty reliable people in the athletic office in Iowa City, and I guess it is true.

Most of the people these last years have been split about not wanting him as our coach anymore but I have a feeling, with this, he is on his way out.

A name can only take you so far..

He has really lowered expectations of the basketball program.. 1 NCAA berth in the last 5 years and it was for winning the Big Ten tournament.

The Luke Recker-Reggie Evans year was the worst year of basketball I have ever seen.. especially with the expectations so high.

But actually, I shouldn't have said fire him because I do like the guy and as hard as it is to say, I am expecting us to get back to the NCAA tournament next year.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.