Who Won the Debate

Lcyberlina

I attended the debate watching party and post-debate Rally with John Kerry last night at the Miami Arena.

The night was charged with positive energy. Although it was hot and humid thousands of people waited in line to go in the arena. Doors opened at 8 PM and we went in. We got a prime spot seat in front of the screen to watch the debate. I was very nervous for John Kerry; I was shaking. When Lehrer said "Senator Kerry, the first question is for you" my heart literally stopped and I hold my breath. After he answered the first question I did not need to worry anymore. I knew Kerry was going to win the debate.

John Kerry was strong, to the point and decisive, but most of all he came armed with the facts. George W. Bush did not know what hit him. He was so surprised; he seemed to repeat the same material over and over like an endless loop. Kerry instead showed the people of the United States, how an informed, intelligent and truthful leader talks and carries himself. He presented his case in yet the most compelling and convincing way. Whoever was undecided before the debates or not sure about Kerry, no longer has an excuse for it. Kerry is a leader by nature and the contrast is just too stark, to the detriment of President Bush. No matter how much the ?spinners? try to fix this toy president, he is broken beyond repair. Last night we saw what hides behind the "likable guy", an inarticulate, unintelligent and completely out of touch with reality President... We can do better and we will do better with JOHN KERRY!

I attended the debate watching party and post-debate Rally with John Kerry last night at the Miami Arena.

The night was charged with positive energy. Although it was hot and humid thousands of people waited in line to go in the arena. Doors opened at 8 PM and we went in. We got a prime spot seat in front of the screen to watch the debate. I was very nervous for John Kerry; I was shaking. When Lehrer said "Senator Kerry, the first question is for you" my heart literally stopped and I hold my breath. After he answered the first question I did not need to worry anymore. I knew Kerry was going to win the debate.

John Kerry was strong, to the point and decisive, but most of all he came armed with the facts. George W. Bush did not know what hit him. He was so surprised; he seemed to repeat the same material over and over like an endless loop. Kerry instead showed the people of the United States, how an informed, intelligent and truthful leader talks and carries himself. He presented his case in yet the most compelling and convincing way. Whoever was undecided before the debates or not sure about Kerry, no longer has an excuse for it. Kerry is a leader by nature and the contrast is just too stark, to the detriment of President Bush. No matter how much the ?spinners? try to fix this toy president, he is broken beyond repair. Last night we saw what hides behind the "likable guy", an inarticulate, unintelligent and completely out of touch with reality President... We can do better and we will do better with JOHN KERRY!

577858[/snapback]

:notworthy :thumbup

In my honest opinion, John Kerry "won" the debate as much as you can win one of those "debates."

I was impressed by John Kerry, he's a fine orator and he's very articulate. Bush has pitfalls in these areas. Kerry wins in this department. He'd make a great salesman, but a lousy commander in chief, IMO.

John Kerry wins the first debate, but certainly not my vote.

In my honest opinion, John Kerry "won" the debate as much as you can win one of those "debates."

I was impressed by John Kerry, he's a fine orator and he's very articulate. Bush has pitfalls in these areas. Kerry wins in this department. He'd make a great salesman, but a lousy commander in chief, IMO.

John Kerry wins the first debate, but certainly not my vote.

577867[/snapback]

Not like you were voting for him anyway :whistle

My weak spot is domestic issues. Republicans don't have a good record on those and that is the only debate that will/may sway my opinion... or vote.

577871[/snapback]

Are you telling me that you would willfully change your vote from the Bush camp to the Kerry camp if he convinces you on Domestic issues? :o

Dude, Bush is so toast. His domestic record is appallingly bad. He has a lot of explaining to do.

Guest Moneyball

i'll admit kerry won the debate with his style. but bush was all substance. if bush hadn't messed up with facial expressions among other things the outcome would have been different.

Bush lost because he decide it was no longer neccesary to attack after the first 20 minutes of the debate.

Instead, he just appeared angry and unorganized in his thoughts, while Kerry appeared very prepared and under control.

Kerry no doubt won that debate, but hey there are still 2 more to go.....

Guest Moneyball

Last night we saw what hides behind the "likable guy", an inarticulate, unintelligent and completely out of touch with reality President... We can do better and we will do better with JOHN KERRY!

577858[/snapback]

inarticulate, unintelligent? ok........whatever

anyone that is president of the united states is considered intelligent in my book.

Winning the debates has absolutely nothing to do with winning the election anymore.

If you don't beleive me go ask Al Gore. Exactly the same thing happened to him vs GW in 2000.

Fact is that people, for whatever reason, like Bush. And thier fondness of him trumps Kerry's refinement all day long.

Winning the debates has absolutely nothing to do with winning the election anymore.

If you don't beleive me go ask Al Gore. Exactly the same thing happened to him vs GW in 2000.

Fact is that people, for whatever reason, like Bush. And thier fondness of him trumps Kerry's refinement all day long.

577903[/snapback]

Agreed 100 percent, but the question in this thread was "who won the debate"? and i'm not sure how you can say the answer to that question is President Bush.

:)

I'd have to say Bush. Polls say he scored higher with Iraq, likeability, and trustworthiness.

Kerry is a professionally gift wrapped piece of coal. Nice to look at, not much on the inside.

577906[/snapback]

That's the problem......

"Nice to look at, not much on the inside" is the American way of the 21st century.....

My weak spot is domestic issues.? Republicans don't have a good record on those and that is the only debate that will/may sway my opinion... or vote.

577871[/snapback]

Are you telling me that you would willfully change your vote from the Bush camp to the Kerry camp if he convinces you on Domestic issues? :o

Dude, Bush is so toast. His domestic record is appallingly bad. He has a lot of explaining to do.

577875[/snapback]

I voted Yes. Kerry was the clear winner.

But on your question. No Thanks. Kerry's voting record on the senate and his actions over the last 20 years speak louder than his careful strategized retoric for the election.

Last night we saw what hides behind the "likable guy", an inarticulate, unintelligent and completely out of touch with reality President... We can do better and we will do better with JOHN KERRY!

You say that like Americans aren't the same way. His "down-to-Earth" stuttering and stumbling might endear him to some Americans. At any rate, I think Kerry won simply because Bush could've completely destroyed him, yet didn't. Bush kept harping on the same 5-6 phrases and Kerry better explained his "flip-flopping". Not to say what they said differed much, but hey, Kerry did well.

577858[/snapback]

inarticulate, unintelligent? ok........whatever

anyone that is president of the united states is considered intelligent in my book.

577902[/snapback]

:lol

I love how your so biased.

If I had to choose who won the debate, I would say Bush, because I went back to watch it again and realized Kerry still has no real arguments on why he his better on foreign policy. Kerry isn't concerned with national security as the top issue, when it is actually the single most important issue.

Cheney will kill Edwards in the VP debate.. :plain

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.