Man, Spurrier Was Such a Bad Coach...

Mark

It wasn't Spurrier. It isn't Gibbs. It isn't the coaches.

No team can live up to their talent when they're replacing offensive and defensive coordinators every year and bring in new game plans.

Redskins fans just need to accept going through one 'disappointing' season before they can win. Unfortunetly like the Mets, Eagles, Notre Dame and others, it's a win now fan base.

It wasn't Spurrier. It isn't Gibbs. It isn't the coaches.

No team can live up to their talent when they're replacing offensive and defensive coordinators every year and bring in new game plans.

Redskins fans just need to accept going through one 'disappointing' season before they can win. Unfortunetly like the Mets, Eagles, Notre Dame and others, it's a win now fan base.

581003[/snapback]

I agree 100%...

Though Spurrier's offense didn't really work that great in the NFL, it wasn't all him, which is where I felt the blame was being placed.

It really doesn't matter who the coach is when your team is limited in it's talent level and has poor spending habits on it's players.

This all goes back to Mr. Snyder upstairs.....

581135[/snapback]

I do think Gibbs and Bugel are the right coaches to get it done with Snyder's paycheck.

Snyder likes t overspend on defense and skill position players, leaving little for the OL, DT and reserves. Gibbs/Bugel are known for getting the best out of OL-man and reserves.

the Skins, under Spurrier, still upped their offensive scoring from the year before Spurrier go there. He might not have made the offense awesome, but it did get a little better.

The defense on the other hand....

581675[/snapback]

He also physically and mentally destroyed Patrick Ramsey.

Destroyed Patrick Ramsey? SOS has more to work with at QB when Doug Johnson and Jesse Palmer were under center.

SOS can't compete at that level without great athletes and he didn't have many. Joe Gibbs is a fossil. I don't care if Lombardi awoke from his grave and returned to coaching, football has changed beyond their years.

As a SOS fan, I'm glad to see the Gibbs hoopla die out. Screw the redskins.

Patrick Ramsey was never good to begin with. Have you seen how the guy plays? Horrible decision making, rushed & inaccurate passes.

Granted, he was only in his second year and the O-line was terrible. Spurrier NEVER had a good blocking back (which I admit it was stupid to release S. Davis), and the O-Line played like crap all last season. Not much else can be done to protect a QB.

The 'Skins defense is not good. It's not good now and it was worse last year. The defense was plain out atrocious last year. It was bad two years ago, with MARVIN LEWIS as the d-coordinator.

Spurrier didn't care about the defense. Very rarely did he involve himself in the practices or speak to defensive captains Lavar Arrington or Champ Bailey.

RMM, great athletes?! Every player in the NFL is a great athlete! Spurrier's problem was he could not get over his love affair with Danny Wuerffel and had no blocking schemes.

The game hasn't changed much since 1991. Speed is more important and there's a salary cap (although not much more player turnover). That's about it. It will take awhile for Gibbs/Bugel to accustom theirselves with the shortened play clock and instant replay challenges, that has cost the team two wins.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.