I wonder if the O's would do this...

NirvanaNole

Jorge Julio or Jason Grimsley for Enc and one of our good pitching prospects. I know they want more pitching prospects, so we could take a good bullpen arm to offset the likely loss of Armando and get rid of Enc's contract in order for them to get a good pitching prospect for the future. Surhoff (sp?) is old and they could use another OFer.

If they were interested, we could use the money we save from Enc/Armando to possibly sign Paul Wilson or Matt Clement (assuming Pavano is gone) and perhaps have enough to resign Lo Duca and make a run for one of JD Drew/Magglio.

Jorge Julio or Jason Grimsley for Enc and one of our good pitching prospects. I know they want more pitching prospects, so we could take a good bullpen arm to offset the likely loss of Armando and get rid of Enc's contract in order for them to get a good pitching prospect for the future. Surhoff (sp?) is old and they could use another OFer.

If they were interested, we could use the money we save from Enc/Armando to possibly sign Paul Wilson or Matt Clement (assuming Pavano is gone) and perhaps have enough to resign Lo Duca and make a run for one of JD Drew/Magglio.

581082[/snapback]

I don't think any team would want to take Enc and his contract, I think we are stuck with it.

Jorge Julio or Jason Grimsley for Enc and one of our good pitching prospects.? I know they want more pitching prospects, so we could take a good bullpen arm to offset the likely loss of Armando and get rid of Enc's contract in order for them to get a good pitching prospect for the future.? Surhoff (sp?) is old and they could use another OFer.?

581082[/snapback]

I don't think any team would want to take Enc and his contract, I think we are stuck with it.

581086[/snapback]

If you match it up with a good pitching prospect, some teams with bad minor league talent and excess money may take Enc off our hands. They'll basically have to pay for the prospect.

If there's any team that would make that deal, it's the Orioles. But they don't need outfielders (ideally they want a 3B so they can move Mora back) and have many pitching prospects.

581242[/snapback]

I could have swore that I read the O's didn't have many pitching prospects. Does anyone know which teams need pitching prospects (since that is our minor league strength) and have the money to take on Enc's contract? Obviously the Yanks would fit this but they already have Lofton/Williams as dead weight OFers.

The O's have 7-8 pitching prospects in the majors/AAA/AA. It's just that they keep on getting injured.

Yankees, Arizona, St. Louis and of course the Mets ( :lol ) lack pitching in their systems.

581375[/snapback]

The Mets might take Enc just because of their defense futility, they did that with Cameron. But they don't have much to give back.

I thought of the Mets. I wondered if they'd be willing to deal Glavine/money for Enc/pitching prospect. Glavine has one more year at a little over 9 million and some type of mutual option. I believe Enc's contract is 4 mil. Perhaps they throw in 2 mil, which leaves us bascially paying 3 mil for Glavine (considering how much we payed Enc/Pavano this year). The Mets would only have to deal with Enc's contract for a year. If they plan on rebuilding next year, perhaps they'd do it.

:mischief2

AJ

Beckett

Glavine

Willis

Valdez (maybe)

That would make up for losing Pavano if some of our prospects would be ready to replace Glavine in a year or two. Perhaps Glavine could teach Willis another pitch and teach Beckett/AJ a thing or two about the mental preparation of pitching beyond just their stuff.

3 million or so for Glavine. Let Armando and Pavano walk. Use our money to resign Lo Duca and maybe go after Magglio or JD. It won't happen, but (in my best Dazed and Confused stoner voice) it sure would be good. (yeah, not the exact quote, but I had to change it to make it fit!)

I have too much time on my hands tonight. :D

I thought of the Mets. I wondered if they'd be willing to deal Glavine/money for Enc/pitching prospect. Glavine has one more year at a little over 9 million and some type of mutual option. I believe Enc's contract is 4 mil. Perhaps they throw in 2 mil, which leaves us bascially paying 3 mil for Glavine (considering how much we payed Enc/Pavano this year). The Mets would only have to deal with Enc's contract for a year. If they plan on rebuilding next year, perhaps they'd do it.

AJ

Beckett

Glavine

Willis

Valdez (maybe)

That would make up for losing Pavano if some of our prospects would be ready to replace Glavine in a year or two. Perhaps Glavine could teach Willis another pitch and teach Beckett/AJ a thing or two about the mental preparation of pitching beyond just their stuff.

3 million or so for Glavine. Let Armando and Pavano walk. Use our money to resign Lo Duca and maybe go after Magglio or JD. It won't happen, but (in my best Dazed and Confused stoner voice) it sure would be good. (yeah, not the exact quote, but I had to change it to make it fit!)

I have too much time on my hands tonight. :D

581408[/snapback]

I thought the potential line up I came up with in that thread about it is pretty realistic.

I thought of the Mets.? I wondered if they'd be willing to deal Glavine/money for Enc/pitching prospect.? Glavine has one more year at a little over 9 million and some type of mutual option.? I believe Enc's contract is 4 mil.? Perhaps they throw in 2 mil, which leaves us bascially paying 3 mil for Glavine (considering how much we payed Enc/Pavano this year).? The Mets would only have to deal with Enc's contract for a year.? If they plan on rebuilding next year, perhaps they'd do it.

AJ

Beckett

Glavine

Willis

Valdez (maybe)

That would make up for losing Pavano if some of our prospects would be ready to replace Glavine in a year or two.? Perhaps Glavine could teach Willis another pitch and teach Beckett/AJ a thing or two about the mental preparation of pitching beyond just their stuff.

3 million or so for Glavine.? Let Armando and Pavano walk.? Use our money to resign Lo Duca and maybe go after Magglio or JD.? It won't happen, but (in my best Dazed and Confused stoner voice) it sure would be good.? (yeah, not the exact quote, but I had to change it to make it fit!)

I have too much time on my hands tonight.? :D

581408[/snapback]

I thought the potential line up I came up with in that thread about it is pretty realistic.

581420[/snapback]

Which thread? I'm too lazy to go looking through threads for it. :D

this is what I said:

Starting Lineup:

Carlos Beltran - CF

Luis Castillo - 2B

Chris Aguila - RF

Juan Pierre - LF

Miguel Cabrera - 3B

Mike Redmond/Lo Duca - C

Paul Lo duca / Travis Lee- 1B

Alex Gonzalez - SS

Starting Rotation:

Logan Kensing

AJ Burnett

Josh Beckett

Dontrelle Willis

Derreck Lowe (or some low cost starter)

Bullpen:

Fox (if healthy)

Mando

Mota

Spooney

Perisho

some straggler

this is what I said:

Starting Lineup:

Carlos Beltran - CF

Luis Castillo - 2B

Chris Aguila - RF

Juan Pierre - LF

Miguel Cabrera - 3B

Mike Redmond/Lo Duca - C

Paul Lo duca / Travis Lee- 1B

Alex Gonzalez - SS

Starting Rotation:

Logan Kensing

AJ Burnett

Josh Beckett

Dontrelle Willis

Derreck Lowe (or some low cost starter)

Bullpen:

Fox (if healthy)

Mando

Mota

Spooney

Perisho

some straggler

581453[/snapback]

I don't think we can afford it. I'd rather keep Lowell and try to sign Magglio or Drew. Beltran will be after at least $14 million a year and I think the Yankees and Red Sox will pay him in that range.

Also, I don't want Lo Duca to have to play too many games at 1B. He's like 5'8 or so. I don't know why you want to ship out Conine. He's decent at first and a pretty good hitter for his salary.

remember, the O's gave up Denny Bautista for Grimsley so they are either really dumb or really covet Grimsley

:plain

581543[/snapback]

Ah, I forgot about that idiotic trade, Ramp. Hopefully we can rape the Mets for Glavine or Leiter and get rid of Enc. :thumbup

581566[/snapback]

unfortunately, they dont need an OFer

remember, the O's gave up Denny Bautista for Grimsley so they are either really dumb or really covet Grimsley

:plain

581543[/snapback]

Ah, I forgot about that idiotic trade, Ramp. Hopefully we can rape the Mets for Glavine or Leiter and get rid of Enc. :thumbup

581566[/snapback]

unfortunately, they dont need an OFer

581568[/snapback]

Isn't Hildago a FA? Maybe he'll sign elsewhere and open up a need.

God, I really don't want Enc next year. If we end up keeping him but losing one of Mota/Lo Duca, that trade will go down as the dumbest F'N trade we've ever had that wasn't a pure salary cap trade.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.