Cheney touts Iraq war "brilliance"

Dodge

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,137135,00.html

MONTOURSVILLE, Pa. — Vice President d*** Cheney (search) said Friday the invasion of Iraq will go down in history, along with the war in Afghanistan, for its "brilliance."

The vice president's comment came as he portrayed the controversy over hundreds of tons of missing explosives in Iraq as a battle pitting Sen. John Kerry (search) against U.S. troops, with Cheney siding with the military.

At an airport rally at a hangar in Montoursville, Pa., Cheney said the U.S. invasions of "Afghanistan and Iraq will be studied for years for their brilliance."

At an earlier rally in Dimondale, Mich., Cheney spoke on the issue of explosives that have disappeared from stockpiles in Iraq. He cited Pentagon statements about the seizure and destruction by U.S. troops on April 13, 2003, of 250 tons of ammunition, including some of the same type as the missing explosives.

"Our troops were doing their job," Cheney said as he called Kerry an "armchair general," a characterization the vice president has been using for several days.

"This is not a battle between us and anyone," said Kerry campaign spokesman Phil Singer. "This is about George Bush (search) and d*** Cheney taking responsibility for their failure in Iraq."

What other invasion of this magnitude, over the whole course of human history, has resulted in fewer casualties? None.

Not perfect by any means, but the best effort the planet has seen to date in the 5B years of its existence.

The 100,000 figure is grossly inflated and you know it.

Of course Saddam could have been left with all those thousands and thousands of tons of weapons that he had no plans for right?

604267[/snapback]

Well there are more deaths every day, so you can not close to book on the deaths year. And when you invade and drive through to the capital without fighting until you get there would tend to keep the casualties down. Also, a lot of this war was fought with our dominance of planes and shooting from ships. Invasions used to always have to be hand to hand combat, not until this past half century could you attack from a-far effectively, so that has something to do with it to.

And I don't know the 100,000 figure is grossly inflated. It comes up in a lot of places and there are no numbers to debunk them. Unless you want to run with the "we may never know how many Iraqis have died" blotter also used.

So now this war has become one over just weapons, not WMDs? FLIP FLOP FLIP FLOP. Saddam had plans for them? Well what were they Tony? I am sure Bush would like to know what you know.

No, so why don't you come out and say that you support Bush just a little? Isn't it quite obvious from your hard-ons regarding everything Kerry?

604279[/snapback]

No he just really feels strong about Kerry's policies, or that is what he says.

After all Kerry would like to reward college students who tutor underprevlidged kids, and Tony is very against that, and would not want his tax money going to that.

Yet Tony is fine with his tax money going towards literal sh*t, cow manure.

Tonyi: Supports cow sh*t before educating troubled children.

After all Kerry would like to reward college students who tutor underprevlidged kids, and Tony is very against that, and would not want his tax money going to that.

Yet Tony is fine with his tax money going towards literal sh*t, cow manure.

Tonyi: Supports cow sh*t before educating troubled children.

I think a quoteback is in order to make that sort of accusation.

In fact I resent it greatly as I spend a lot of time with poor neighborhood kids who's parents are clueless and don't spend time with them. I show them how to build model airplanes, fix their bicycles, hand out childrens books for free, etc. So you can go f*** yourself a**hole.

604285[/snapback]

You are the one who said Kerry giving scholarships to those who tutor kids as a bad policy and you did not want you money going to that.

Yet you are very excited, I think you got a stiffy, about restoration efforts in Iraq, which includes the US spending money on manure for Iraq.

Thus you like your money being spent on sh*t but not on those who help troubled students.

Get your priorities straight.

You are the one who said Kerry giving scholarships to those who tutor kids as a bad policy and you did not want you money going to that.

Provide a quoteback jerkoff. I don't believe I've said any such thing EVER.

Put up with a quote or shutup. I'm calling you out on this one. You've crossed the line.

604288[/snapback]

No you are the one who crossed the line for having very out of whack priorities.

Now let us start off with this thread here. Tony's Bashing of Kerry's 100 day plan

You bash Kerry's 100 day plan to improve america. Included in that plan is this:

Engage 300,000 College Students A Year In Helping Our Children Learn

John Kerry and John Edwards will call on America's college students to join a national crusade to help America's children succeed in school and get to college. In return for their service, our young people will receive up to $2,000 per year to pay for college.

You can investigate further and see it is a plan for college students going out of the way to help tutor children who need it and because they help they get money for college. You bash this plan. And when someone bashes a plan it is safe to say they don't support it and they definately don't want their wallet supporting it. I also have questions about you even supporting education.

Here is a response by Tony on how education is funded.

I GET THE BILL FOR IT EVERY f***ING YEAR!

Sounds disgruntled no? He sure sounds like a happy guy paying for education. Maybe he took classes from Howard Dean on anger mangament.

And now in this thread Tony supports the restoration effort of Iraqi farm land. Amber Waves Thread

He even supports the effort in the title.

its good news

Part of this operation, if you read the description of it, includes purchasing fertilizer, 250 tons of it to be exact, for Iraqis and giving it to them.

Thus, Tony would rather support efforts of paying for literal sh*t and not support tutoring for kids.

The facts are there people.

Tonyi: A man to support spending money on sh*t, and not on tutoring children.

I am also happy you had to resort to baby-ish name calling Tony. I will also make sure you never live that one down either.

I think a brilliant invasion should include a plan for what the hell to do afterwards.

JMO.

604243[/snapback]

Exactly.

I saw on another thread that you are voting for those two incompetents. Why, if you think they have done a poor job in Iraq?

604289[/snapback]

One thing you need to know is I think they did the right thing.

Yeah, there wasn't WMDs, allegedly.

But, I am glad this happened, as you should be, because of the nightmarish conditions Iraqis have lived in for the past few decades.

Take the civilian casualties that we've unfortunately inflicted during this war, increase them exponentially, and there's the figure that Saddam's cronies and he murdered, raped, and tortured.

Another thing is, I'm a lot more anti-Democrat than pro-Republican. And I'm not JUST voting on what my opinion on the war is.

I think a brilliant invasion should include a plan for what the hell to do afterwards.

JMO.

604243[/snapback]

Exactly.

I saw on another thread that you are voting for those two incompetents. Why, if you think they have done a poor job in Iraq?

604289[/snapback]

One thing you need to know is I think they did the right thing.

Yeah, there wasn't WMDs, allegedly.

But, I am glad this happened, as you should be, because of the nightmarish conditions Iraqis have lived in for the past few decades.

Take the civilian casualties that we've unfortunately inflicted during this war, increase them exponentially, and there's the figure that Saddam's cronies and he murdered, raped, and tortured.

Another thing is, I'm a lot more anti-Democrat than pro-Republican. And I'm not JUST voting on what my opinion on the war is.

604366[/snapback]

The Iraquis are worse off now then they ever were under Saddam.

I don't believe there was ever evidence of WMDs. I believe Bush used 9/11 to push his own agenda and lied to the American people. For that, he should be out of office.

This whole "We liberated the Iraquis" line from Bush is a bunch of crap. Why aren't we liberating all of the oppressed people in the world? It must be because there is no resources (like oil) we can gain from the war.

I am not glad the war happened and I resent your suggestion that I should be. Blood was spilt for no reason, money was wasted for no reason, all while Bush's campaign contributers like Halliburton got richer off the war.

I don't get the whole anti-dem thing. Bush isn't a conservative. The economy is in a recession. Look at how much he spends abroad and at home. He spends like a liberal, all while putting our country in debt when he came into office with a surplus. I don't think a conservative would start an obvious invasion of privacy like the Patriot Act either. Conservatives are supposed to want less government interference. Bush just wants more.

You logic is tortured, your "facts" don't support it.

You have yet to present anything where I said giving scholarships to those who tutor kids is bad policy and you never will because that's something I could go along with.

I am solidly against forced uncompensated labor of H/S kids.

I'm at a complete loss as to how Iraqi fertilizer relates to scholarships for tutoring.

You're sounding very desperate and pathetic. Its kinda sad to see a mind decay in this way...

604429[/snapback]

Tony you are the one sounding desperate and pathetic. You say you are against Kerry's 100 day plan to improve america, and more direct his service for high schoolers plan. Part of that plan is college kids toutoring kids in highschool and make scholarship money for it.

Do you know how plans work Tony? You have a title for it and it covers a bunch of inititatives. Well getting the college students to tutor the highschoolers is part of Kerry's Service plan. The plan you bash across the board. Just look at the thread! I linked it above. You can always back off your bashing and say maybe the plan isn't so bad, but that would make you a flip flopping baby name caller.

Or you can say you bashed the plan before reading all of it.... that would help your credibility quite a bit I am sure. Then again, I don't think you read half the articles you post as is.

And look at the Operation Amber Waves thread. You support that operation. You like your tax money goes to that effort, after all you say it is "good news".

So you are happy when your money goes to efforts of purchasing fertilizer but wouldn't want you tax money going to plans that help tutor high schoolers. Thus, you support fertizler buying and don't care about failing highschoolers.

If you can not follow that logic then it is your mind which is decaying, they should make a spot for you in the senile old folks home.

whoever supports mandatory child labor for 2 years in exchange of a college tuition deserves to rot in hell. better yet, he deservese to go to highschool in cuba, working in the sugar cane field in exchange for going to college.

604445[/snapback]

How is it mandatory labor if it comes in exchange for college tuition? Are you, the libertarian, implying college tuition is an entitlment?

Do you also think its forced labor for people to get college tuition in exchange for serving in the military? Do you also think the US army should rot in hell?

whoever supports mandatory child labor for 2 years in exchange of a college tuition deserves to rot in hell. better yet, he deservese to go to highschool in cuba, working in the sugar cane field in exchange for going to college.

604445[/snapback]

No where does it say it is mandatory to work for college tuition.... where do you get this from? I want quotes.

As part of his 100 day plan to change America, John Kerry will propose a comprehensive service plan that includes requiring mandatory service for high school students and four years of college tuition in exchange for two years of national service.

I assume that is what you are reffering to.

The mandatory service for high schoolers is 50 hours of community service. I don't see how that would take two years, you can do that in a week. And it is not forced, the kids don't need to go to public high schools, go read the thread we discussed this ad nausem.

And the two years of service in the military for tuition is not forced ior mandatory it is just a plan for anyone who signs up for the armed forces will get 4 years of college tuition payed for.

So are you another of of those against a plan including tutoring for failing kids and for buying 250 tons of fertilzer for Iraqis? There seem to be alot of you, no wonder America is in trouble.

it currently happens and its forced labor.

604459[/snapback]

I said go read the old thread on this, I linked it on the last page.

Reasons its not forced:

You don't need to graduate from a public higshool

you can:

get your ged

go to a private high school

take the policies to court

be a drop out

or just swallow the pill and make your community a little better

And I assume by you not answering my question that you support the plan which includes buying 250 tons of fertilizer for Iraq and not a plan to tutor failing highschoolers.

it currently happens and its forced labor.

604459[/snapback]

I said go read the old thread on this, I linked it on the last page.

Reasons its not forced:

You don't need to graduate from a public higshool

you can:

get your ged

go to a private high school

take the policies to court

be a drop out

or just swallow the pill and make your community a little better

And I assume by you not answering my question that you support the plan which includes buying 250 tons of fertilizer for Iraq and not a plan to tutor failing highschoolers.

604464[/snapback]

when have i supported the buying of manure or the reconstruction of iraq in general.? if anything i've been saying lets get the hell out of there.

no, it's really not forced labor, but it's pretty close to it and it is abusive.