November 3, 200421 yr ... how far from the mainstream they are from the majority of Americans, and last night proved it. Luckily they didn't contaminate the minds of young children like MTV was trying to do. I remember flipping through all the networks last night and MTV kept saying how, "the younger voters are coming out in record numbers", and yet reports state the numbers weren't as high as people predicted.
November 3, 200421 yr I agree. Democratic party must re-invent themselves. 607444[/snapback] the dems need to run with their clintons and not nominate their mcgoverns (or kerrys)
November 3, 200421 yr I agree. Democratic party must re-invent themselves. 607444[/snapback] the dems need to run with their clintons and not nominate their mcgoverns (or kerrys) 607447[/snapback] But their new "star" is Obama. Edwards was a rising one, but he went down on this ticket, probably for good since he has nothing left now, since he lost his senate seat. The dems will probably try to run a Clinton in '08.
November 3, 200421 yr I agree. Democratic party must re-invent themselves. Yeah, I'm sure you'd like it if they "re-invented" themselves into Republicans, but there's no further to the right that they can go. Kerry ran a campaign that was much different to what Clinton did in '92 and '96. Would someone on here please care to point out what was so liberal about Kerry's platform?
November 3, 200421 yr I agree. Democratic party must re-invent themselves. 607444[/snapback] the dems need to run with their clintons and not nominate their mcgoverns (or kerrys) 607447[/snapback] But their new "star" is Obama. Edwards was a rising one, but he went down on this ticket, probably for good since he has nothing left now, since he lost his senate seat. The dems will probably try to run a Clinton in '08. 607448[/snapback] Hillary is no bill clinton she is defintely a mcgovern. I dont kno enough about obama yet to make a definitive statement. But remember that congress in the past has been where presidential hopes go to die
November 3, 200421 yr But their new "star" is Obama.? Edwards was a rising one, but he went down on this ticket, probably for good since he has nothing left now, since he lost his senate seat.? The dems will probably try to run a Clinton in '08. Edwards was dead meat in NC, that's why he ran for president after 1 Senate term. He was already a dead man walking, which is why I didn't understand why Kerry picked him as a veep over someone that could've actually given him some real help in an important State.
November 3, 200421 yr If the dems run another northeasterner it is suicide. No, it's not. People are way overreacting to this. Kerry just wasn't a strong candidate and committed a bunch of blunders. Al Gore was a conservative, southern Democrat and lost just like Kerry did for the same reason. It doesn't matter how "correct" the candidates demographics are if they run an incompetent campaign.
November 3, 200421 yr But their new "star" is Obama. Edwards was a rising one, but he went down on this ticket, probably for good since he has nothing left now, since he lost his senate seat. The dems will probably try to run a Clinton in '08. Edwards was dead meat in NC, that's why he ran for president after 1 Senate term. He was already a dead man walking, which is why I didn't understand why Kerry picked him as a veep over someone that could've actually given him some real help in an important State. 607454[/snapback] Graham is senile and Gep wasn't going to get him anything. I think they just hoped Edwards would "energize" people and get them out, and just be a really pretty face. I just hope the republicans go more moderate in 08. Bush is just too right for me. Even though I am a repub. Bush is too far right for me, and I will lean left before I lean right. Now if Arnie gets to run I would vote for him in a heartbeat he's a nice moderate republican.
November 3, 200421 yr how far from the mainstream they are from the majority of Americans, 48% of the country did not vote for Bush. Dont call that out of touch with the mainstream. Bush and the conservatives have free reign now. Im sure the views of the 48% will be irrelevant. Social freedoms are going to be diminished(libertarians pleased?), war will be moreso now(anti Iraq Bush supporters?), and medicare, medicaid, and social security will not be the same(religious people who care more about gays than the underprivilaged?). Can we trust people like Tom Delay, Dennis Hastert, and GWB to reconcile with the rest of the nation, the 48%? I doubt it.
November 3, 200421 yr But their new "star" is Obama.? Edwards was a rising one, but he went down on this ticket, probably for good since he has nothing left now, since he lost his senate seat.? The dems will probably try to run a Clinton in '08. Edwards was dead meat in NC, that's why he ran for president after 1 Senate term. He was already a dead man walking, which is why I didn't understand why Kerry picked him as a veep over someone that could've actually given him some real help in an important State. 607454[/snapback] Graham is senile and Gep wasn't going to get him anything. I think they just hoped Edwards would "energize" people and get them out, and just be a really pretty face. I just hope the republicans go more moderate in 08. Bush is just too right for me. Even though I am a repub. Bush is too far right for me, and I will lean left before I lean right. Now if Arnie gets to run I would vote for him in a heartbeat he's a nice moderate republican. 607458[/snapback] The only moderate the reps may run is Guiliani (god willing)
November 3, 200421 yr But their new "star" is Obama. Edwards was a rising one, but he went down on this ticket, probably for good since he has nothing left now, since he lost his senate seat. The dems will probably try to run a Clinton in '08. Edwards was dead meat in NC, that's why he ran for president after 1 Senate term. He was already a dead man walking, which is why I didn't understand why Kerry picked him as a veep over someone that could've actually given him some real help in an important State. 607454[/snapback] Graham is senile and Gep wasn't going to get him anything. I think they just hoped Edwards would "energize" people and get them out, and just be a really pretty face. I just hope the republicans go more moderate in 08. Bush is just too right for me. Even though I am a repub. Bush is too far right for me, and I will lean left before I lean right. Now if Arnie gets to run I would vote for him in a heartbeat he's a nice moderate republican. 607458[/snapback] The only moderate the reps may run is Guiliani (god willing) 607463[/snapback] I don't know what Guiliani's stand points on things are. I know Arnie's because California is all over the news. I think if Guiliani is going to run in 08 he is going to have to stay healthy for sure, I am not sure if he is still 100% or not, does he still get treatment? McCain will be too old to go for another run I think. Powell and Jeb won't run. I can't think of any other high profile repubs. that might run in 08.
November 3, 200421 yr Zell Miller? 607468[/snapback] FLIPFLOPFLIPFLOPFLIPFLOPFLIPFLOPFLIPFLOPFLIPFLOPFLIPFLOPFLIPFLOPFLIPFLOPFLIPFLOPFLIPFLOPFLIPFLOPFLIPFLOPFLIPFLOPFLIPFLOPFLIPFLOPFLIPFLOPFLIPFLOPFLIPFLOPFLIPFLOPFLIPFLOPFLIPFLOPFLIPFLOPFLIPFLOPFLIPFLOPFLIPFLOPFLIPFLOPFLIPFLOPFLIPFLOPFLIPFLOPFLIPFLOPFLIPFLOPFLIPFLOPFLIPFLOPFLIPFLOP Sorry.... felt like saying it.
November 3, 200421 yr how far from the mainstream they are from the majority of Americans, 48% of the country did not vote for Bush. Dont call that out of touch with the mainstream. Bush and the conservatives have free reign now. Im sure the views of the 48% will be irrelevant. Social freedoms are going to be diminished(libertarians pleased?), war will be moreso now(anti Iraq Bush supporters?), and medicare, medicaid, and social security will not be the same(religious people who care more about gays than the underprivilaged?). Can we trust people like Tom Delay, Dennis Hastert, and GWB to reconcile with the rest of the nation, the 48%? I doubt it. 607462[/snapback]
November 3, 200421 yr Jeb in '08 :notworthy 607475[/snapback] He said he won't run. He's more like daddy, so more moderate, I'd at least give him a long hard look, especially at that sexy ass. :mischief
November 3, 200421 yr But their new "star" is Obama.? Edwards was a rising one, but he went down on this ticket, probably for good since he has nothing left now, since he lost his senate seat.? The dems will probably try to run a Clinton in '08. Edwards was dead meat in NC, that's why he ran for president after 1 Senate term. He was already a dead man walking, which is why I didn't understand why Kerry picked him as a veep over someone that could've actually given him some real help in an important State. 607454[/snapback] Graham is senile and Gep wasn't going to get him anything. I think they just hoped Edwards would "energize" people and get them out, and just be a really pretty face. I just hope the republicans go more moderate in 08. Bush is just too right for me. Even though I am a repub. Bush is too far right for me, and I will lean left before I lean right. Now if Arnie gets to run I would vote for him in a heartbeat he's a nice moderate republican. 607458[/snapback] The only moderate the reps may run is Guiliani (god willing) 607463[/snapback] I don't know what Guiliani's stand points on things are. I know Arnie's because California is all over the news. I think if Guiliani is going to run in 08 he is going to have to stay healthy for sure, I am not sure if he is still 100% or not, does he still get treatment? McCain will be too old to go for another run I think. Powell and Jeb won't run. I can't think of any other high profile repubs. that might run in 08. 607465[/snapback] Owens from CO maybe. Guiliani I believe is no longer receiving treatment (again i believe this isnt fact) and he seems heallthy. What would help rudy is if Bush appoints him to a cabinet spot, especially one involved with foreign affairs so he can get intl recognition
November 3, 200421 yr Rudy-Condi 08 ticket? Figuring Iraq and futher operations don't go to hell, might make for a good ticket.
November 3, 200421 yr Rudy-Condi 08 ticket? Figuring Iraq and futher operations don't go to hell, might make for a good ticket. 607484[/snapback] Wouldn't a lot of Southern good ol' boys fear voting for an Italian-Black ticket? They need a more Anglo ticket than that.
November 3, 200421 yr Rudy-Condi 08 ticket? Figuring Iraq and futher operations don't go to hell, might make for a good ticket. 607484[/snapback] Wouldn't a lot of Southern good ol' boys fear voting for an Italian-Black ticket? They need a more Anglo ticket than that. 607497[/snapback] I think southerners they have shown if you have an ® next to your name on the ballot that they will vote for you. Just look at Kentucky I think it is. One of the senators running called his opposents son a terrorists and said he was in Al-Qaeda, which wasn't true. Wouldn't debate his opponet in the same building. Read his introduction and closing statements from the debate off of a teleprompter, and some other unflattering things, yet he still won.
November 3, 200421 yr McCain-Bush??? Schwarzenegger-Guiliani??? marlinfan-Capefish??? :mischief2 Capefish-marlinfan??? :mischief2
November 3, 200421 yr As good as Arnie is, I don't feel like changing the Constitution for him or any other foreigner.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.