July 12, 200323 yr I'm hoping the Marlins workout a trade that will upgrade the offense wheter is any of the guys mention on previous rumors.Of course my top choice will be Juan Gone.
July 12, 200323 yr the problem is there isnt a position to put that "big bat" everyone really likes Miggy and other than LF the positions are locked. the only way a big OFer would be picked up is if Cabrera has a very bad 2 weeks after the break and the way hes been contributing that would be hard to do.
July 12, 200323 yr Author the problem is there isnt a position to put that "big bat" everyone really likes Miggy and other than LF the positions are locked. the only way a big OFer would be picked up is if Cabrera has a very bad 2 weeks after the break and the way hes been contributing that would be hard to do. Well I just think you bring another big bat than you have a real contender.
July 12, 200323 yr i agree i don't know where i would want it though. I love our Dfence the way it is, but it would be sooo nice to have a guy that hits .300 and actually get 3 hits out of 10 AB's. It seems as though the marlins have a bunch of guys who hit .300 or around it who go 0-49 and then 39-xx. its just kinda irrating that we don't have any consistant bats.
July 12, 200323 yr I really think we have a playoff caliber line-up. A left-handed power bat would be nice, but it's not likely to happen. Our run for the playoff's is all gonna come down to if we get consistent pitching. Let's face it our bullpen has been inconsistent, and Beckett, Penny and Pavano have been inconsistent. One night they look great and the next start they get the crap hit out of them. So I think consistent pitching will be the deciding factor in a playoff run.
July 12, 200323 yr How about Trot Nixon. He is having a pretty solid year and we can use his bat in the Lineup but i dont think we will sign Juan. I Believe we will have to pay to much and he has a no Trade Clause.
July 12, 200323 yr i really think juan gone would allow a trade to florida for the simple fact that its the closest thing you can get to playing baseball in Latin America other than actually playing there...no offense Floridians...Thats why I think the marlins have a great chance to develope a yankee' type team if only they could get fans in the stands. After playing college ball and seeing that Latin Players are by usually superior than White players (I know i sound like dusty baker, but its the truth.*) I mean thats why i believe Pudge came, Castillo wants to stay, Lowell wants to stay, and Sea bass wants to stay. If we could only compete with the money factor we would build a dynasty. Honestly think of the top players in the game of baseball how many of them are not of latin bloodlines? -side note....i am amazed about how fast latin players get the ball out of their gloves. its almost as if the ball bounces off of them. IMHO I think it is because they get to play outdoors year round and most Americans are forced to practice in doors at least half a year. I mean seriously how many ground balls can you take off of a gym floor and still keep an edge? I personaly being a HUGE baseball fan think it's great that the Major's are going to Latin America and the Domican Republic to find most of the stars of today. I in no way feel that I have been cheated out of a chance by the so called foreigners taking over the game. Baseball has been and always will be AMERICA'S past time and who cares if we get other countries involved? Bring them all over because they seem to have kept the love for the game that we may have lost. Even though I may have been passed over out of highschool I was always amazed by the skills and quickness of latin players. KEEP IT UP LATIN AMERICA, and then after you do really well go to the Marlins! lol
July 12, 200323 yr Yea but dont we have to pay Juan Gonzalez more than that? Tex would probably cover it
July 12, 200323 yr Gotta agree with minus here :blink: ...if Cabs continues to struggle we will need another reliable bat with A-Gon possibly injured and coming back down to earth anyway...it leaves us with 4 solid run producers in Pudge, Lee, Lowell, and Enc.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.