Uncle Sam wants to tax you to:

PhishPhan

Congress proposes tax on all Net, data connections

Published: January 28, 2005, 3:50 PM PST

By Declan McCullagh

Staff Writer, CNET News.com

An influential congressional committee has dropped a political bombshell by suggesting that a tax originally created to pay for the Spanish American War could be extended to all Internet and data connections this year.

The committee, deeply involved in writing U.S. tax laws, unexpectedly said in a report Thursday that the 3 percent telecommunications tax could be revised to cover "all data communications services to end users," including broadband; dial-up; fiber; cable modems; cellular; and DSL, or digital subscriber line, links.

The rest if you want

I guess we know what War Americans will be paying off in 300 years, after they pay off WWI, WWII, Vietnam, GWI first.

We'll be paying off this war for a loooong time, especially at the rate the president keeps asking Congress for more money. Maybe if we had managed it better in the first place, we wouldn't have this problem.

674445[/snapback]

Naw the funds really havent been horribly mismanaged. This is what a war like this should cost. Granted its a waste fot axpayers money but thats another story

The federal excise tax on car tires 60 years ago that was supposed to be temporary?

Thank FDR.

We're still paying for WWII.

674584[/snapback]

We should have intervened earlier, yet FDR lets the Japs attack us to declare war on Germany. I don't care what people, FDR was not this great president.

674687[/snapback]

You ever hear of the America First Committee and the isolationist opposition to invasion?

The federal excise tax on car tires 60 years ago that was supposed to be temporary?

Thank FDR.

674584[/snapback]

We should have intervened earlier, yet FDR lets the Japs attack us to declare war on Germany. I don't care what people, FDR was not this great president.

674687[/snapback]

You ever hear of the America First Committee and the isolationist opposition to invasion?

674690[/snapback]

You ever heard of the American Democratic Party and United Nations. Bush still went into Iraq.

Thank FDR.

674584[/snapback]

674687[/snapback]

674690[/snapback]

You ever heard of the American Democratic Party and United Nations. Bush still went into Iraq.

674704[/snapback]

You ever hear of 9-11? No way in hell Bush can do Iraq without 9-11.

674708[/snapback]

Yes, but Bush didn't sit back and know 9/11 was going to happen and not stop it. I don't understand how we can call a president a hero for allowing the US to be attacked. I certainitly don't think Bush is a great president because 9/11 occured under his watch.

674708[/snapback]

Yes, but Bush didn't sit back and know 9/11 was going to happen and not stop it. I don't understand how we can call a president a hero for allowing the US to be attacked. I certainitly don't think Bush is a great president because 9/11 occured under his watch.

674714[/snapback]

Are you suggesting FDR knew Pearl Harbor was going to happen?

674708[/snapback]

674714[/snapback]

674721[/snapback]

Yeah. Didn't you realize that FDR was psychic and knew the Japanese were gonna attack our entire Pacific fleet because we were having peace talks with them?

:plain

674708[/snapback]

674714[/snapback]

674721[/snapback]

Yeah. Didn't you realize that FDR was psychic and knew the Japanese were gonna attack our entire Pacific fleet because we were having peace talks with them?

:plain

674727[/snapback]

I guess I missed that part of US history in high school. Florida education for you. :lol

Pearl Harbor in hindsight could have been prevented much like 9-11 may have been prevented as well. Im not a fan of FDR, but I think he handled the war quite well, it was his excesses in domestic spending that bother me

674964[/snapback]

Dan Akroyd knew that the fleet was coming to Pearl Harbor, but his advisors didn't believe him, due to lack of proof and the absurdity of such a thing (hmm).

Jon Voight seemed very emotional about the attack, and I bet he felt responsible for the losses. But that's ok, because Ben Affleck and Josh Hartnett killed some Japs in Pearl Harbor.

Also, according to Jerry Bruckheimer, approximately 300,000 soliders died in the shallow waters of Pearl Harbor, as well as an additional 50,000 in the barracks, hospital, etc.

At least Kate Beckinsale didn't die.

Anyway, why does everyone act like we're going to have an America in 300 years? You do realize that our world is turning into a nuclear and technological disaster. Natural resources are already starting to diminish, and coal will be non-existent in 40 years (at the rate we're going). Gas-powered machinery and electronics will be replaced by solar powered engines and hybrid products (battery/solar power).

Maybe I'm going out on a limb, but I think Mars will be colonized by the time we get around to paying off the Iraqi debts. Either that, or the current human species will rapidly devolve into "Time Machine"-like creatures.

Either that, or the current human species will rapidly devolve into "Time Machine"-like creatures.

Press conference announcing the signing of Morlock Delgado.

675030[/snapback]

Imagine your worst nightmare...

You are having that nightmare on a plane over the Atlantic Ocean, and there is tremendous turbulence-people screaming and invading your dreams with even more anxiety and fear.

Then, inside your worst nightmare, you see a naked Sally Jesse Raphael.

And she wants to rub your feet.

That is the type of nightmare that I had after watching those evil creatures from "Time Machine."

:o

Pearl Harbor in hindsight could have been prevented much like 9-11 may have been prevented as well. Im not a fan of FDR, but I think he handled the war quite well, it was his excesses in domestic spending that bother me

674964[/snapback]

Dan Akroyd knew that the fleet was coming to Pearl Harbor, but his advisors didn't believe him, due to lack of proof and the absurdity of such a thing (hmm).

Jon Voight seemed very emotional about the attack, and I bet he felt responsible for the losses. But that's ok, because Ben Affleck and Josh Hartnett killed some Japs in Pearl Harbor.

Also, according to Jerry Bruckheimer, approximately 300,000 soliders died in the shallow waters of Pearl Harbor, as well as an additional 50,000 in the barracks, hospital, etc.

Anyway, why does everyone act like we're going to have an America in 300 years? You do realize that our world is turning into a nuclear and technological disaster. Natural resources are already starting to diminish, and coal will be non-existent in 40 years (at the rate we're going). Gas-powered machinery and electronics will be replaced by solar powered engines and hybrid products (battery/solar power).

Maybe I'm going out on a limb, but I think Mars will be colonized by the time we get around to paying off the Iraqi debts. Either that, or the current human species will rapidly devolve into "Time Machine"-like creatures.

675027[/snapback]

Give me some concrete proof that the world will not last another 300 years. Im still surprised we survived Y2K

674964[/snapback]

675027[/snapback]

Give me some concrete proof that the world will not last another 300 years. Im still surprised we survived Y2K

675088[/snapback]

! Nobody said the world woulnd't exist. I'm just saying that we will colonize Mars and the moon by 2300. That's reasonable, isn't it?

I just wish I could be here when that happens...

I'm just saying that we will colonize Mars and the moon by 2300. That's reasonable, isn't it?

675117[/snapback]

Ummm... yay... :plain

You can't talk all you want about human advancement, but we're only as strong as the weakest among us, and about 5 billion people live in Africa and Asia, and most have them have very poor standard of living.

I'm just saying that we will colonize Mars and the moon by 2300. That's reasonable, isn't it?

675117[/snapback]

Ummm... yay... :plain

You can't talk all you want about human advancement, but we're only as strong as the weakest among us, and about 5 billion people live in Africa and Asia, and most have them have very poor standard of living.

675265[/snapback]

Five billion?

I would've figured closer to 4.