Math Ownage

MarlinFan10

Douglas kills at the 2005 February regional at Felix Varela high school.

Chewbacca gets 7th place in Precalculus with a score of 110 (with about 5 other 110's on the test).

Stoneman Douglas Geometry team wins 1st place.

Stoneman Douglas Algebra II team wins 1st place.

Stoneman Doulgas Precal team wins 1st place.

Stoneman Doulgas Calc teams wins 1st place.

Betch you can't guess who won overall. :whistle

The best mathlete of all time:

Dharmesh:

The following biography is courtesy of the Dharmesh Mehta Fan Club.

Born in 1978 at the improbable age of twelve, Dharmesh Mehta was an unusual child. While other children were learning to count candles on their birthday cakes with each passing year, Dharmesh turned his attention to other simple mathematical phenomena of life that could only be described by complex numbers and higher order differential equations. And so he did.

Dharmesh mysteriously appeared in Parkland circa 1990 and enrolled at the Forest Glen Middle School. At last surrounded by peers equivalent in years but not in mathematical prowess, Dharmesh entered the arena of competitive mathematics. His early success on the Forest Glen math team, which included the likes of such legendary and influential people as Harold Luber, would foreshadow greater mathematical successes then unknown in Broward County.

While in the eighth grade, Dharmesh began studying geometry and calculus at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. For half a decade, the twelve-year-old Dharmesh competed on the rigorous Mu Alpha Theta circuit, taking first place at virtually every competition he entered. Rarely distracted by his extracurricular pursuits of Pictionary and Brain Brawl, the affable Dharmesh led the Stoneman Douglas math team to its first of many national titles. His success did not go unnoticed, and to this day current and former mathletes throughout the world speak of the Great Dharmesh Mehta.

Not one to let success go to his head, Dharmesh retreated from the public math spotlight and enrolled at a small but reputable college known as the Massachusetts Institute of Technology just shy of his twelfth birthday. Although little is known about his years spent in Cambridge, he is rumored to have graduated with multiple degrees at the remarkable age of, yes, twelve. Dharmesh now runs a start-up company and, although he was overlooked by Highlights Magazine?s 2002 list of ?Top 12 Pre-Teen Entrepreneurs,? his story is truly one of inspiration for all aspiring Stoneman Douglas mathletes.

The best mathlete of all time:

Dharmesh:

The following biography is courtesy of the Dharmesh Mehta Fan Club.

Born in 1978 at the improbable age of twelve, Dharmesh Mehta was an unusual child. While other children were learning to count candles on their birthday cakes with each passing year, Dharmesh turned his attention to other simple mathematical phenomena of life that could only be described by complex numbers and higher order differential equations. And so he did.

Dharmesh mysteriously appeared in Parkland circa 1990 and enrolled at the Forest Glen Middle School. At last surrounded by peers equivalent in years but not in mathematical prowess, Dharmesh entered the arena of competitive mathematics. His early success on the Forest Glen math team, which included the likes of such legendary and influential people as Harold Luber, would foreshadow greater mathematical successes then unknown in Broward County.

While in the eighth grade, Dharmesh began studying geometry and calculus at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. For half a decade, the twelve-year-old Dharmesh competed on the rigorous Mu Alpha Theta circuit, taking first place at virtually every competition he entered. Rarely distracted by his extracurricular pursuits of Pictionary and Brain Brawl, the affable Dharmesh led the Stoneman Douglas math team to its first of many national titles. His success did not go unnoticed, and to this day current and former mathletes throughout the world speak of the Great Dharmesh Mehta.

Not one to let success go to his head, Dharmesh retreated from the public math spotlight and enrolled at a small but reputable college known as the Massachusetts Institute of Technology just shy of his twelfth birthday. Although little is known about his years spent in Cambridge, he is rumored to have graduated with multiple degrees at the remarkable age of, yes, twelve. Dharmesh now runs a start-up company and, although he was overlooked by Highlights Magazine?s 2002 list of ?Top 12 Pre-Teen Entrepreneurs,? his story is truly one of inspiration for all aspiring Stoneman Douglas mathletes.

678276[/snapback]

Yes, but has he ever been laid?

678301[/snapback]

:lol

Guest markotsay7

Douglas is the reason why I'm not on the Taravella math team. I've always heard about how you guys beat JPT at math every year, so I decided to not put up with that.

So I'm in band. :D

Chewbacca gets 7th place in Precalculus with a score of 110 (with about 5 other 110's on the test).

678202[/snapback]

you know, for such a self-described mathlete, i'm surprised you're still taking precalc at your age.

that's weak. i bet tons of those kids you play against are younger than you.

678202[/snapback]

you know, for such a self-described mathlete, i'm surprised you're still taking precalc at your age.

that's weak. i bet tons of those kids you play against are younger than you.

678869[/snapback]

All but 2 members of the Douglas Precal team this year are juniors, which is different from the past. A majority of Precal competitors in the state are juniors, and only three or four of them that aren't consistely place. Besides, two years of competing in Calculus gets mooey.

My school won 3rd place in Geometry. (Barbara Goleman)n i didnt place so well 22nd place out of 106 but it is only my second competition. See you at Stoneman Douglas. Thats the competition that me and my school will win first place in Geometry and i will place first in the individual test. Good luck btw.

679004[/snapback]

I was no good in Geometry. Just do practice tests and the whole thing gets a lot easier.

I hope you guys get second at Douglas.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.