Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The New 93 Rock

Featured Replies

it's ok so far. little better than Zeta, but they're also playing like 52 minutes of music per hour which is great but won't last...

 

they still refuse to play anything new & cutting edge. at least it's something when I can't pick up 103 Buzz or Nova Southeast's college station.

Don't forget they still have the same funding and operations as Party 93.1

 

Remember that stupid commercial counter..."Last hour, Power 96 played 18 commercials. Y-100 played 15. We only played 8...Fewer commercials, more music...Party 93.1"

  • Author

I like it. Hopefully, the rumor about the Zeta DJs moving to 93.1 is true and we have a new & improved rock station in S. FLA.

i really dont listen to rock much but its better than having a techno station. its nice having that option if i feel like listening to some rock.

Cox looks to be putting money into this station. Their other stations are the cash cow of the market: Hot 105, 99 Jamz, and 97.3 the Coast.

yall got ur station, and i got my reggaeton. the world is a happy place.

688721[/snapback]

 

 

 

Yeah, but your Reggaeton took our station.....and we want it back! :mad :mischief

94.9 and 93.1 are basically the same signal pattern. The lower dial position means nothing on FM. Cox is also a better rock programmer in many markets than Clear Channel.

I like this station alot more. They seem to be just playing music from CDs instead of veyr known singles, and they are shying away from the punk nonesense from today from what I can tell.

 

I heard Seek and Destroy yesterday on the radio for the first time ever. Seek and Destroy was on the radio!

Cox looks to be putting money into this station. Their other stations are the cash cow of the market: Hot 105, 99 Jamz, and 97.3 the Coast.

688684[/snapback]

 

 

so there's no way hot 105 or 99 jamz will change formats? i just dont want to worry, especially about 105.

Cox looks to be putting money into this station. Their other stations are the cash cow of the market: Hot 105, 99 Jamz, and 97.3 the Coast.

688684[/snapback]

 

 

so there's no way hot 105 or 99 jamz will change formats? i just dont want to worry, especially about 105.

688888[/snapback]

That would be like Honda dropping the Accord or Civic.

  • Author

Actually, 93 Rock intends to keep 52 minutes of rock every hour.

688884[/snapback]

 

You know what? I don't think they really play music for 52 minutes every hour like they say. I keep noticing them play commercials a lot. Example, the other day I was on my way home from my work. My CD walkman also has a built-in radio so I was listening to 93 Rock in it. They had commercials when I reached the MetroRail station to get off. I drive to the gas station, which took maybe like 15 minutes. I went to the car wash and waited for like 5 minutes for the car in front of me to finish. Then I went in for about 8 minutes. When I was driving out of the gas station, commercials again. That's a total of 28 minutes.

I can't fathom a radio station playing commercials for 28 straight minutes.

I don't see how that's bad at all. You can't play the 8 minutes of commercials in a row. Twenty - eight straight minutes of music is really good.

  • Author

It is good. I just think it's funny how they say "52 minutes of nonstop rock" and I noticed they didn't the other day. But whatever, it's still better than the other stations who play commercials like every 5 minutes.

Last night while I was at lunch at work, they played 'Lump' by Presidents of the United States of America! Zeta NEVER played that!! :lol

 

 

I've heard alot more variety on this station then I ever remember Zeta playing, so its pretty good.

  • Author

"Lump"? OMG. LOL

 

"She's lump, she's lump, she's lump, she's in my head..."

They played For Whom the Bell Tolls today.

 

This station rules.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.