Sox / Yanks...Ho Hum

Fish Fillet

Anyone else feel like the rivalry has had something taken off of it since the Sox won?

Watching tonite I realized that NY and Bos are really the exact same thing... Overpriced and over paying big market teams who attempt to buy (at different levels of success) championships.

Without the poor Sox history it all seems so ho-hum. And now I have no reason to like the Sox, they're just another pig at the trough.

And while I'm at it, is it time for the BoSox backlash to start yet? If I see another documentary about the Sox winning, or read another feel-good article, or have to suffer through another teaser of a painfully bad romantic comedy that involves Boston baseball I'm going to go puke on Yawkey way.

Sigh.

Guest Fritz

I agree on all accounts. Then again, I've never liked the Red Sox and I hate their bandwagon fans that have sprouted up out of nowhere.

Then again, I've never liked the Red Sox and I hate their bandwagon fans that have sprouted up out of nowhere.

728149[/snapback]

The most irritating thing on a college campus...75% are Sox 'fans' yet most have no idea what the starting lineup is.

But yes I agree, it has lost a big aspect to it, but its still a fun rivalry just because its the two big heavyweights going at it

I don't think ESPN has enough Red Sox documentaries narrated by Dennis Leary. I think they should make ten more. Red Sox fans really don't bother me, Yankee fans are much more prominant here and are more annoying than ever now that they've been embarrassed by their biggest rivals.

On Edit:

The whole Red Sox Nation fad is annoying as hell though.

Watching the game last night...I almost felt like it was some bizzare All-Star Game...neither team has a true identity...the majority of players are just bought.

Watching Johnson, Schilling, Sheffield, ARod, Wells, ManRam, Damon, Renteria, etc. So many have established themselves on other teams. It will be worse today when it's Pavano vs. Clement.

Now that Jeter, Bernie, Posada and Rivera are getting up in age, I wonder if a Yankee farmhand will ever again make the majors!

Now that Jeter, Bernie, Posada and Rivera are getting up in age, I wonder if a Yankee farmhand will ever again make the majors!

728223[/snapback]

Andy Phillips is up right now (in for Kevin Brown). Also, Jorge DePaula could be up at some point if the Yankees need another starter/long reliever. Robinson Cano seemed pretty solid during the spring (.286, 1 HR) and could be Tony Womack's successor. While Yankees prospects may be few and far between these days, it seems like there are a few that will be able to step in at some point.

728223[/snapback]

Not unless they get Brian Sabean back... he's responsible for drafting and signing all four of those guys, as well as Pettitte

Guest Fritz

Then again, I've never liked the Red Sox and I hate their bandwagon fans that have sprouted up out of nowhere.

728149[/snapback]

The most irritating thing on a college campus...75% are Sox 'fans' yet most have no idea what the starting lineup is.

But yes I agree, it has lost a big aspect to it, but its still a fun rivalry just because its the two big heavyweights going at it

728158[/snapback]

God, I'm glad UF isn't the only campus where a significant portion are Red Sox "fans". What worse is that girls are the biggest culprits and they wear those stupid-ass pink hats and probably can't name anyone other than "Big Papi" and "The guy that looks like Jesus". Anywho, I can't friggin' stand their bandwagon fans and John Henry can get gonorrhea and have his piss burn for eternity.

728149[/snapback]

728158[/snapback]

God, I'm glad UF isn't the only campus where a significant portion are Red Sox "fans". What worse is that girls are the biggest culprits and they wear those stupid-ass pink hats and probably can't name anyone other than "Big Papi" and "The guy that looks like Jesus". Anywho, I can't friggin' stand their bandwagon fans and John Henry can get gonorrhea and have his piss burn for eternity.

728270[/snapback]

There are definitely a huge amount of Sox bandwagoners. It's the same everywhere. It happens with most teams when they win. It's a way for people with insufficincies in their lives feel better about themselves.

728149[/snapback]

728158[/snapback]

728270[/snapback]

There are definitely a huge amount of Sox bandwagoners. It's the same everywhere. It happens with most teams when they win. It's a way for people with insufficincies in their lives feel better about themselves.

728272[/snapback]

let them be bandwagoners...they don't feel the same joy when the team wins as the fans who stuck with them through hard times...do you think people who became bulls fans in the 90's got the same amount of enjoyment as the people who have been fans for 10-20-30 years before the dynasty?

I was born during the Niners dynasty, so I took their success for granted because I wasn't alive when they sucked for all those years...if they ever have a return to glory I'll be able to appreciate it a lot more...you can't really appreciate your teams success unless you went through hard times with them

I was thinking, alot of people wonder how the rivalry will be affected now that Boston won but I think it'll be alot like the old Dodger/Yankee rivalry. Dodgers finally won against Yanks in '55 and the chip on the Dodgers shoulder went from "Can't beat 'em" to "Haven't won as many as them"

The fire bruns more in the Yankees for this thing now too.

728338[/snapback]

Yep, before it was a no-win situation in that if they won, everyone expected them to and if they lost, well, it's a loss. Now there's a real sense of competitiveness rather than the sort of "Who's your daddy" scenario we've seen.