Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Attendance

Featured Replies

None and none.

 

And no. But I also am able to put on the news and see there is traffic everywhere in south Florida. Take HoneyBee up the whole way, that runs through Miami if you hate the highways.

 

Traffic is bad from both ends.... but the stadium is closer to Miami, folks from Ft. Lauderdale already travel more.

I think attendance will improve once they announce the Stadium deal being completed and ready to go.

 

Most people don't like uncertainty or to commit to a team that may not be here in the future.

 

Miami is a good place for any pro sports franchise, with its growing metro area and booming population.

It may be closer to Miami but that doesn't mean it's more accessible from Miami-Dade. Believe me that going North to a weekday game is NOT easy during a weekday, whenever we do it we have to have a whole process of having Miri leaving work a bit early to pick me up from work and heading out that way just to avoid the traffic (Mind you, I get out at 3:40), most people will not do that. I'm positive that people in ft. laudy will get there much quicker than people from Kendall.

I live in West Ft Lauderdale and the drive to the park is Cake. Take 595 East to Turnpike and I'm there in 25-30 minutes.

I live in West Ft Lauderdale and the drive to the park is Cake. Take 595 East to Turnpike and I'm there in 25-30 minutes.

741401[/snapback]

That's about how long it takes us because we leave early (4 to 4:30), if we leave later forget it, we could be in traffic for over an hour sometimes.

14k on a non-opening day day game is awesome compared to day games in the past. I really thought there were 8-10k. So to hear we had 14k surprised me.

 

As for traffic problems. Going from south to north in Miami-Dade County so much worse then going north to south. During rush hour driving north to south is a freaking cake walk. East to west is another pain in the ass. Those Yahoo stats are bulls***. On any given day driving from about MIA to the I-75 on ramp in Hialeah is easily a 45 min. drive. I couldn't imagine driving from downtown Miami to western Broward as some people do. Downtown Miami to SW Miami-Dade also makes you want to cut yourself.

  • Author

Going from downtown north on I-95 is 10 times worse than going from the stadium south to miami between 4-7 pm. Having the stadium in downtown would not add that much time to people living north of the stadium

  • Author

for early april, its not that bad.? Look at some of the other teams with attendance in sub 15,000 for a game so far this season: Atlanta, Chicago,Baltimore,Milwakee, etc...? Its not a big deal right now.

 

Yes mondays crowd was very poor but its not the end of the world

740755[/snapback]

 

Okay thats it. You see, once people just flat out lie, I can't deal with it.

 

Atlanta

 

Lets see:

4/8: 50K

4/9: 40K

4/10: 36K

4/11: 16K

4/12: 20K

 

These are rough estimates, but they NEVER had a sub par 15K in attendance game this year. link

 

Please, if you are going to make a statement, and want to sound reasonable, AT LEAST KNOW YOU ARE TELLING THE TRUTH.

 

Baltimore:

4/4: 48K

4/6: 22K

4/7: 16K

link

 

Seriously.... Is 16K < 15K?

740804[/snapback]

 

 

sorry I was off by 1,000

 

its nice that you have so much time to double check everyones posts

for early april, its not that bad.? Look at some of the other teams with attendance in sub 15,000 for a game so far this season: Atlanta, Chicago,Baltimore,Milwakee, etc...? Its not a big deal right now.

 

Yes mondays crowd was very poor but its not the end of the world

740755[/snapback]

 

Okay thats it. You see, once people just flat out lie, I can't deal with it.

 

Atlanta

 

Lets see:

4/8: 50K

4/9: 40K

4/10: 36K

4/11: 16K

4/12: 20K

 

These are rough estimates, but they NEVER had a sub par 15K in attendance game this year. link

 

Please, if you are going to make a statement, and want to sound reasonable, AT LEAST KNOW YOU ARE TELLING THE TRUTH.

 

Baltimore:

4/4: 48K

4/6: 22K

4/7: 16K

link

 

Seriously.... Is 16K < 15K?

740804[/snapback]

 

 

sorry I was off by 1,000

 

its nice that you have so much time to double check everyones posts

741463[/snapback]

 

Hey, he's the site a**hole that's his job. :thumbup

  • Author

None and none.

 

And no. But I also am able to put on the news and see there is traffic everywhere in south Florida. Take HoneyBee up the whole way, that runs through Miami if you hate the highways.

 

Traffic is bad from both ends.... but the stadium is closer to Miami, folks from Ft. Lauderdale already travel more.

741329[/snapback]

 

 

So you are saying that no one in ft. lauderdale works in miami? You have no clue

None and none.

 

And no. But I also am able to put on the news and see there is traffic everywhere in south Florida. Take HoneyBee up the whole way, that runs through Miami if you hate the highways.

 

Traffic is bad from both ends.... but the stadium is closer to Miami, folks from Ft. Lauderdale already travel more.

741329[/snapback]

 

 

So you are saying that no one in ft. lauderdale works in miami? You have no clue

741481[/snapback]

 

He asked me do I know any and I dont. I know people commute both ways, I just personally don't know any.

 

Don't be angry because you don't know that 16K > 15K.

  • Author

None and none.

 

And no.? But I also am able to put on the news and see there is traffic everywhere in south Florida. Take HoneyBee up the whole way, that runs through Miami if you hate the highways.

 

Traffic is bad from both ends.... but the stadium is closer to Miami, folks from Ft. Lauderdale already travel more.

741329[/snapback]

 

 

So you are saying that no one in ft. lauderdale works in miami? You have no clue

741481[/snapback]

 

He asked me do I know any and I dont. I know people commute both ways, I just personally don't know any.

 

Don't be angry because you don't know that 16K > 15K.

741491[/snapback]

 

 

Sorry I was just getting those numbers of the top of my head. I didnt have enough time to double check that number nor did I care to. Appearntly you did so good for you.

I am a statitician and data mining expert. I have put together alot of attendance measurements and the results for the marlins are very favorable. On Tuesday according to last years data, the marlisn were supposed to somewhere between 13,500 - 14,000 fans at the ballpark; the acutal attendance was almost 16,000. The first number is a number taken from last years data with an increase of 10%. The Marlins actually received an additional 20% over the previous year. I think that Juanky said it best - attendance will slowly climb over time. I will post the numbers that I have for weekday and weekend games. basically, if the acutal attendance is higher than that of the number that I calculated for that particular day of the week then we are doing good.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.