May 9, 200521 yr Author The playoffs have nothing to do with REGULAR SEASON awards. Plus he wasn't "clearly out coached".. thats just ignorant. 767940[/snapback] A) No kidding, but people still watch you coach during the playoffs. B) Maybe you didn't watch the last couple minutes of game 6, otherwise you could not truthfully say that.
May 9, 200521 yr Yea... a young team, with no post offense, not making shots down the stretch on the road in the playoffs. Yea, that's not uncommon. Get a clue.
May 9, 200521 yr Author good. D'Antoni deserved it. Its not like the Bulls have a lack of talent, I wouldnt exactly say that Washington is more talented than Chicago (they arent) Skiles did a great job, sure he had a lot of youngsters but its not like the east outside of Detroit and Miami, what with Indiana's problems, is all that talented. You Bulls homers are funny. 767814[/snapback] Completely agree. Having 5 top 7 picks on your team since 2001 does not show a lack of talent. Skiles did do a great job, but he was not robbed in any way. And it is funny to see the Bulls homers bitch at the Heat fans when they say Shaq was robbed, yet in an even harder case to make, they claim Skiles was. LMAO.
May 9, 200521 yr Author Yea... a young team, with no post offense, not making shots down the stretch on the road in the playoffs. Yea, that's not uncommon. Get a clue. 767946[/snapback] Yet "Mr. 4th quarter" Ben Gordon rides the bench after only playing 16 minutes. Yes he had turnovers and had a bad game, but to not have him in after what he has proven the whole year, especially if you need a three or a big basket and leave the team on the floor you had....well results speak for themself. So I would say you need a clue. Oh and I would say that Pargo play was very well executed and drawn up. Great play there.
May 9, 200521 yr why did Gordon ride the bench anyway? was he hurt? 767988[/snapback] No, he's bad on defense, and Arenas or Hughes would have a field day on him as they did whenever he played. He only played when shots were going in for him, because that offset what he gave up on defense.
May 9, 200521 yr It was obvious the way he was playing that Skiles didn't trust him on the court.. where a turnover could cost the game.. mixed with the big shots that Pargo was making throughout the series, he felt more comfortable with Janero in there. FWIW, I think Shaq should win the MVP every year. But I also think Carlisle (sp?) is more deserving than D'Antoni with all that they overcame. I also think McMillan is more deserving as well.. with a front line of James Jones and an undrafted player power forward (Reggie Evans) as their starting front court. Call it homerism if you want but I think what Scott Skiles did this year was great. Your entitled to your opinion, which i respect, and i apologize for calling you out. You will not convince me though that there is a more deserving coach. Either way, I'm just happy we're out of the gutter. This was a great season to be a part of and I am pumped for the future.
May 9, 200521 yr Call it homerism if you want but I think what Scott Skiles did this year was great. 767999[/snapback] no one is arguing that IMF
May 10, 200521 yr What if D'Antoni coached the Bulls? Would they have made the playoffs this year? 768018[/snapback] eh, how could you tell either way?
May 10, 200521 yr Im a Bulls fan, but its not like I live and die with this team or follow it as closely as I do NCAA Basketball, MLB, or NFL. So my 'homerism' is probably the least on this board. To say that a high draft pick = talent is a very dumb statement. If draft picks equaled success, wed have an all NBA first of Kwame Brown, Darko Millic, Nickoloz Tskitishvili, DerMarr Johnson, and Shaun Livingston. (Also remember, we lost the no.2 pick in 2002 after just one year). The reason Skiles deserves this award over D'Antoni is that the Bulls havent sniffed success in 7 years. The Suns made the playoffs in 4 of those 7 years. Phoenix averaged 34 wins during that span (1 year was short) and Chicago averaged 17 wins...half as many of Phoenix. Chiago played in the poorer East during that span, so seasons with 17 wins is even more pitiful. The turnaround Chicago had is much more dramatic than the Phoenix turnaround, which is why Skiles did the better coaching job. BTW...to say 'Every major TV personality' agreed with you is wrong. ESPN's Marc Stein didnt even put D'Antoni in his top 3...(Skiles Was Third) http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/stor...marc&id=2037877
May 10, 200521 yr Craig, I'm sure you cheered when Phil "72-10" Jackson won COY in 95.? What a great job he did that year with all that "non-talent" the Bulls had. 767713[/snapback] Im pretty sure getting the best W-L record of all time warrants a COY award. Considering he managed the personalities of Dennis Rodman and the egos of Jordan and Pippen to make that team function as well as it did. 767740[/snapback] I never said Phil should not have won a COY. He deserved his award in 95 when the Bulls had the best record in the league, D'Antoni deserves his now. I just don't buy Bulls fans saying "Skiles should win COY because the Bulls had less talent" when EVERY team had less talent than the Bulls did when Jackson won it. The Pacers coach probably should have won it on the "less talent" criteria before Skiles anyway. I like Jackson and Skiles, and I think he did a great job with the Bulls this year, but COY? No.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.