Marlins Propose Roof for Dolphins Stadium

RossInfoMan

The article doesnt provide any details or sources, so I don't know who really proposed this or how valid it is, but I thought Id post it nonetheless.

Marlins Propose Retractable Roof For Dolphins Stadium Tue May 10, 9:21 AM ET

The Florida Marlins may have struck out with the state in trying to fund a new stadium but now team supporters are looking at other options.

The latest idea involves putting a retractable roof over Dolphins Stadium.

Tax dollars that would have been used to pay for a new stadium next to the? ? Orange Bowl would be used to pay for the new roof.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/w...lo_wplg/2712137

Yes, that's the whole article.

Team Supporters=Dolphins Stadium Enterprises

769155[/snapback]

Actualy its called Huizenga Holdings LLC.

Since this would cut Miami out of the equation (the money they would contribute can't be used outside of the city limits) that would mean only the county and the Marlins participating.

If this were to happen my guess would be that the county would take possession/buyout the stadium and then lease it to both parties, the Dolphins and Marlins.

There isn't a chance in h*ll the Marlins will continue to play in "Dolphins Stadium". Zero, Nada, Zilch, None.

I went to the source of this rumor, and that's all it is, a rumor.

There's no source, the headline would indicate the Marlins organization proferred this concept, but the story refers only to "supporters" of the team.

Repeating what I've said previously it is inconceivable to me that the Marlins would ever consider staying in Joe Robbie so long as it's owned by Huizenga Holdings and concessions are under the control of the current caterer.

This story, to my knowledge has not been picked up anywhere else in the press. I see it as just more media shilling for Wayne.

You know this got me thinking. The owner of the Heat (Arison) had a major falling out with the garbage man when they were both trying to get a new arena, the current and previous Marlins owner didn't and don't want anything to do with him and although I can't speak to the Hockey ownerships feelings on him I can tell you Broward County has gotten about $800,000 of the $10,000,000+ they were supposed to get to this point in Rent. (I think those numbers are correct)

This guy is trash.

How about we just build a stadium without a roof,that'll guarantee us a stadium isn't the roof like 100 million bucks?We can add the roof a couple years later when we have money from all the revenue

770082[/snapback]

Show me a stadium without any kind of roof............

and the survey says X

Guest Moneyball

How about we just build a stadium without a roof,that'll guarantee us a stadium isn't the roof like 100 million bucks?We can add the roof a couple years later when we have money from all the revenue

770082[/snapback]

and the survey says X

770089[/snapback]

Show me a member that just crapped his pants from laughter....

and the survey says 1

:lol

770082[/snapback]

and the survey says X

770089[/snapback]

and the survey says 1

770102[/snapback]

That's what I am here for my man.

770082[/snapback]

and the survey says X

770089[/snapback]

and the survey says 1

770102[/snapback]

770190[/snapback]

I meant retractable roof lol

Guest Moneyball

770082[/snapback]

and the survey says X

770089[/snapback]

and the survey says 1

770102[/snapback]

770190[/snapback]

I meant retractable roof lol

770192[/snapback]

He wasn't being sarcastic about that.

He was being sarcastic about the entire comment lol