Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Back from Asia

Featured Replies

I just got back yesterday from a 23 day asia trip. I have alot of catching up to do. I think 3 weeks is the longest i have gone without posting

I just got back yesterday from a 23 day asia trip. I have alot of catching up to do. I think 3 weeks is the longest i have gone without posting

790438[/snapback]

 

 

you must be devistated

Upload them to a photo website like photobucket.com and then post the URLs here.

  • Author

This is what happens when you start drinking at 11 am

 

 

hong kong

 

 

Singapore

 

 

Mekong Delta in Vietnam

 

 

Some Muay Thai arena in bangkok

The Mekong is quite beautiful. Those pics of Singapore and HK are outrageous and the Great Wall is absolutely incredible.

 

What was it like staying in Commy countries?

I was really hoping to see a reenactment of the guy standing in front of the tank in Tianamen Square.

Awesome. I went to that same muay thai arena in Bangkok. It was super-seedy. And then some guy got kicked in the head, and there was this loud cracking noise, and he just keeled over on to his face and didn't move. A surely top-notch medical team rushed into the ring with a stretcher, and had the guy out of there in about 5 seconds, and the next fight took place as if nothing had happened. So, yeah...

 

Any favorites among the places you went?

 

I'm going to Beijing in about 10 days. Any tips??? We're going to sleep on the Great Wall one night, which should be interesting.

  • Author

Awesome. I went to that same muay thai arena in Bangkok. It was super-seedy. And then some guy got kicked in the head, and there was this loud cracking noise, and he just keeled over on to his face and didn't move. A surely top-notch medical team rushed into the ring with a stretcher, and had the guy out of there in about 5 seconds, and the next fight took place as if nothing had happened. So, yeah...

 

Any favorites among the places you went?

 

I'm going to Beijing in about 10 days. Any tips??? We're going to sleep on the Great Wall one night, which should be interesting.

794390[/snapback]

 

If I had to rank them it would go

1. Beijing

2. Bangkok

3. Singapore

4. Hong Kong

5. Shanghai

6. Ho Chi Minh

 

 

Beijing is alot of fun. There are two areas you should check out. They are the only two bar areas in the city. One is call Bar street, well its really called San Liu Tuan. Its cool to see because there are like 25 bars in a row and everyone wants to get you to go to theirs so you can negotatie prices. The other area is called Ho Hon which means back lakes. Its a much nicer area. Its a bunch of bars and restraunts around a lake. You cant negotiate prices so its a little more expensive. Make sure you go to both to see. Beer is very cheap everywhere. Also do not drink the water and do not get any ice or you will be s***ting non stop.

  • Author

The Mekong is quite beautiful. Those pics of Singapore and HK are outrageous and the Great Wall is absolutely incredible.

 

What was it like staying in Commy countries?

794369[/snapback]

 

Lets just say that they only take you to nice places. Like we would go to a restaurnat and they would always take us to a private room. Alot of the cities are built at the street level, which means when driving throught the streets it looks nice, but if you get behind the building and see the houses they are all run down.

 

Besides that you kind of forget that you are in a commy country

  • Author

Awesome. I went to that same muay thai arena in Bangkok. It was super-seedy. And then some guy got kicked in the head, and there was this loud cracking noise, and he just keeled over on to his face and didn't move. A surely top-notch medical team rushed into the ring with a stretcher, and had the guy out of there in about 5 seconds, and the next fight took place as if nothing had happened. So, yeah...

 

Any favorites among the places you went?

 

I'm going to Beijing in about 10 days. Any tips??? We're going to sleep on the Great Wall one night, which should be interesting.

794390[/snapback]

 

As for tips, make sure that you do not give any money to any homeless people, especially kids. Alot of times the parents send the kids to get money and they will literally hug you to get money. The second you break out that wallet to give the kid some Yuan, you will have 10 other kids around you. Same goes with the vendors, except that works to your advantage because the price will drop right away with them competing. Whatever price they say you must say no to it and drop it by 75 percent atleast. You can negotitate everywhere including malls. The only place you cant is resturants, but that is about it. Taxi's are very very cheap so use those

  • Author

I wish I would have had time to go to southern thailand where all the beaches are its supposed to be awesome

 

If I would have had an extra week I would have gone to hanoi, kuala lumpur and souther thailand

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.