It is time for some trades

NirvanaNole

I wish we would see what we could get from the Dodgers for Lowell and from the National for Enc. I'd love to get rid of them for some decent prospects we could use to deal for other players. Then move Cabrera to third and see if Willingham can in the majors.

I don't know if the DRays would trade Crawford, but I think we should give them a call. We need someone with speed that can ignite our offense. If we did trade Lowell/Enc for prospects, I'd think we could get Crawford and Danys Baez from the DRays.

I wouldn't mind going after Dunn either.

With all the pitchers we drafted today and the pitching prospects we could probably get from the Dodgers for Lowell, we'd have enough pitching prospects to go after Crawford and Dunn.

1. Crawford

2. Castillo

3. Delgado

4. Cabrera

5. Willingham or Dunn

6. Lo Duca

7. Pierre

8. Gonzo

I know this probably has no chance of happening, but we need to do something. The lineup needs shaking up right now. Our lack of speed on the basepaths is sad.

Trading for Crawford and Dunn? WTH? Do the DRays and Reds look that dumb?

800367[/snapback]

Dunn will be traded soon. They need to acquire pitching for the future and have enough good OFers.

Crawford is a different story. The DRays are packed at OF (especially if they finally move Uptown to the OF) and need more pitching. Huff is the more likely person to be traded, but you never know with the DRays. It is worth a shot to call about Crawford. He should be getting an increase in arbitration soon and you know the DRays are too cheap to pay what he'll command.

800367[/snapback]

Dunn will be traded soon. They need to acquire pitching for the future and have enough good OFers.

Crawford is a different story. The DRays are packed at OF (especially if they finally move Uptown to the OF) and need more pitching. Huff is the more likely person to be traded, but you never know with the DRays. It is worth a shot to call about Crawford. He should be getting an increase in arbitration soon and you know the DRays are too cheap to pay what he'll command.

800370[/snapback]

Thats why they signed him to what could be a 6 year $31 million dollar contract right?

No trades, the team is there. You just need people who can micromanage their field correctly. Jack shouldn't have to be micromanaging everything because we have coaches who aren't doing it.

ROBINSON MUST GO!

BTW, Lowell is emerging from his offensive deep frost pretty well.

800367[/snapback]

800370[/snapback]

Thats why they signed him to what could be a 6 year $31 million dollar contract right?

800371[/snapback]

The DRays signed Crawford to a long term deal? When did this happen? Did the future managing partner drug the current one to get that done? :lol

trade Juan Pierre to the Yankees for Eric Duncan(or Phillip Hughes) and someone

Enc in CF, Willingham in RF

800383[/snapback]

I'm not ready to give up on Pierre yet. I'd rather get rid of Lowell and his huge contract.

Does anyone have a list of offense players that will become FAs after this year or next year?

800367[/snapback]

800370[/snapback]

800371[/snapback]

The DRays signed Crawford to a long term deal? When did this happen? Did the future managing partner drug the current one to get that done? :lol

800386[/snapback]

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2027803

800367[/snapback]

800370[/snapback]

800371[/snapback]

800386[/snapback]

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2027803

800390[/snapback]

Thanks for the article. I must have missed that story. So much for going after Crawford. :plain

Does anyone have a list of offense players that will become FAs after this year or next year?

800389[/snapback]

Best I found with a quick google. LOOKING AHEAD

The top 10 free agents who will be available after this season ? the class for 2006 will not be as deep as 2005, but there are still a few gems:

Bret Boone .....2B...Mariners

A.J. Burnett .....P...Marlins

Johnny Damon .....OF...Red Sox

Rafael Furcal .....SS...Braves

Nomar Garciaparra .....SS...Cubs

Jacque Jones .....OF...Twins

Matt Morris .....P...Cardinals

Brad Penny .....P...Dodgers

Aramis Ramirez .....3B...Cubs

Jeff Weaver .....P....Dodgers

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/marin...p-4373955c.html

Everytime someone suggests trading Enc or JP I scurry over to the 'Topes site to check if Willingham is playing in the OF. So far he's spending all his time almost exclusively behind the plate so the suggestion that he's ready to play the OF (or that the Fish are grooming him to play there) in the bigs appears to be nothing more than a fantasy.