Marlin Draft...

Malman

My favorite example that TS mentioned was the Lowell trade. If I remember correctly, we traded three pretty good pitching prospects for just Lowell - when he was a prospect too. So, we pretty much traded away at an area of depth to bring in a big time position prospect, who when we got him from the Yanks was sitting at AAA because Brosius had just won the WS MVP...and wasn't going anywhere.

813705[/snapback]

I thought it was Ed Yarnall for Lowell straight up.... I could be wrong though

Let's take a look at those unworthy position players the Marlins drafted

2# round pick Clemson's Kris Harvey he has as much raw power as any college hitter. He's athletic and is a future right field with his arm. was second in the NCAA in HR with 25

Kris Harvey > OSU Jacoby Ellsbury

2# round pick Nevada's Brett Hayes in three years at Nevada, hitting .365-8-63 as a freshman, .337-8-48 as a sophomore and .318-6-40 this season. Has been called "best pure baseball players in the country" and was on the USA Team. His makeup and feel for the game that scouts already saying could make him a future manager

Brett Hayes > Texas Tank Teagarden

4th round pick Miami's Gaby Sanchez in 04' he .316 batting average, 16 doubles, seven home runs and 47 RBI ... struck out a team-low 21 times or once in every 11 at bats..only struck out five times in his first 102 at bats. Played summer ball in the Cape Cod League was named the seventh-best professional prospect in the league by Baseball America.

8th round pick NCST's Aaron Bates has a track record of hitting with wood, batting .339 and winning team MVP honors last summer in the California Collegiate League. This season emerged as one of the Atlantic Coast Conference's top hitters.

11th round pick OSU's Andy Jenkins(my favorite position player) Single handle put OSU in the College WS with his super-human effort in regionals against USC (not Jacoby Ellsbury) with his 5-5 effort in the elimation game, while hitting for the cycle

13th round pick Arizona's Jeff Van Houten this Five-foot-9 senior OF Jeff Van Houten has never been drafted before because of his size, but there will be no overlooking him this time. Two years after hitting .413-11-72 to lead the Pacific-10 Conference in average and a year after slumping to .319-3-40 in an injury-plagued junior season, he rebounded this year to hit a resounding .368-7-60. His bat is his best tool, but his arm plays adequately in right field.

36th round pick Sean Boatright It seems likely, and I have read elsewhere, that Sean will return to Long Beach State for his final year of NCAA eligibility. Would have been another big stick

all in all I think the Marlins drafted alot "baseball players" gamers, tough minded kids. To go along with all those tools players they have in the lower farm teams who feel talent alone will get you to the show.... Jari Miller anybody? again don't overlook the position players b/c of the top heavy pitchers the Marlins took :thumbup