June SAT Scores

Marlins2k3Champs

Guest Juanky

Yeah that looks like it's the equivalent of an 850 or so on the old SAT, which isn't anything to really be writing home about. You'd be very well served to take it again.

Hey, that's cool, the multiple choice is on the same scale as throwing arm in baseball (20-80).

Guest Juanky

I believe you got 2,057 out of 2,400--which is very good.

Critical Reading 470

Math 490

Writing 450

:blink:

470 + 490 + 450 = 1410

Guest Juanky

The essay part, to my knowledge, is not included in the total score and is looked at as I guess the equivalent of a side dish.

Besides, how would it be included in the 2400? First off, SAT scores always end in zero without exception, so the score of 2,057 is impossible. Second, how would that be out of 2400 even if the essay was included when the three individual parts are out of 800 like they always have been? 800 x 3 = 2400 (thanks for the math help Chewy!) so there leaves absolutely zero room for the other two parts to be included.

Critical Reading 470

Math 490

Writing 450

470 + 490 + 450 = 1410

818121[/snapback]

And the Essay part?

818122[/snapback]

:plain

818125[/snapback]

Ok so 1410 is like a 900 on the old SAT. Not amazing but not horrible.

The essay part, to my knowledge, is not included in the total score and is looked at as I guess the equivalent of a side dish.

Besides, how would it be included in the 2400? First off, SAT scores always end in zero without exception, so the score of 2,057 is impossible. Second, how would that be out of 2400 even if the essay was included when the three individual parts are out of 800 like they always have been? 800 x 3 = 2400 (thanks for the math help Chewy!) so there leaves absolutely zero room for the other two parts to be included.

818132[/snapback]

Yeah I knew something was wierd there... :p

What's the importance of the essay portion if it has no effect on your score?

Guest Juanky

To be looked at on different terms. Notice how it's on a completely different grading scale, leading me to believe they grade the essay with certain things you need to include giving you one point. Since the scales don't match up, they grade it and include it under the scores for the other sections more than likely.

To be looked at on different terms. Notice how it's on a completely different grading scale, leading me to believe they grade the essay with certain things you need to include giving you one point. Since the scales don't match up, they grade it and include it under the scores for the other sections more than likely.

818136[/snapback]

That's how I understood it worked.

Critical Reading 650

Math 620

Writing 600

This is my first time and I am told that would be a 1870 out of 2400 in the new scale and a 1270 out of 1600 on the old one.

Critical Reading %-ile: National 89/State 91

Math %-ile: National 79/State 86

Writing Essay: 8 out of 12

Writing Multiple Choice: 60 out of 80

Not too bad...

develops a point of view on the issue and demonstrates competent critical thinking, using adequate examples, reasons, and other evidence to support its position

is generally organized and focused, demonstrating some coherence and progression of ideas

exhibits adequate but inconsistent facility in the use of language, using generally appropriate vocabulary

demonstrates some variety in sentence structure

has some errors in grammar, usage, and mechanics

I suck at writing tests and I was half asleep that morning as I hate mornings.

Assignment: Do people depend on work - whether it is a job, schoolwork, or volunteer work - to determine what their daily activities and interactions with others should be? Plan and write an essay in which you develop your point of view on this issue. Support your position with reasoning and examples taken from your reading, studies, experience, or observations.

Here is my essay:

Terrible... :lol

Guest Juanky

I wanted to know because I want to get the Bright Futures Scholarship 100% of tuition and to get that you need a 3.5 GPA or higher which I have and a 1270 or higher on the SAT. So I think I got it.

818166[/snapback]

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the 1270 was by the old SAT standards

I wanted to know because I want to get the Bright Futures Scholarship 100% of tuition and to get that you need a 3.5 GPA or higher which I have and a 1270 or higher on the SAT. So I think I got it.

818166[/snapback]

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the 1270 was by the old SAT standards

818167[/snapback]

dammit :banghead

Critical Reading 470

Math 490

Writing 450

470 + 490 + 450 = 1410

818121[/snapback]

My prediction: Marlins get a 200 on the math part when he takes it.....

818163[/snapback]

O please Chewy, STFU. Just because you're awesome at Math doesn't mean you can go around saying other people suck. And obviously I added different numbers together to get what I got. I'm not a moron. I know 470+490+450=1410.

Critical Reading 470

Math 490

Writing 450

470 + 490 + 450 = 1410

818121[/snapback]

My prediction: Marlins get a 200 on the math part when he takes it.....

818163[/snapback]

O please Chewy, STFU. Just because you're awesome at Math doesn't mean you can go around saying other people suck. And obviously I added different numbers together to get what I got. I'm not a moron. I know 470+490+450=1410.

818179[/snapback]

hey watch what u say about chew, he gave u the benefit of the doubt for getting your name right :whistle