Question about Hanley Ramirez

if Alex wants 4 years and 28 million no the marlins wont sign him. If he wants 4 years and 20 million they will sign him. He is a great player for us but he will go elsewhere for more cash. Unless he gives us a large discount.

And yes Gammons is a huge red sox homer. He is also the guy that stated the option of Hanely in the AJ trade in the beginning. So who knows what is up there. But, I dont think AJ is heading to boston. I think he is staying here or else perhaps NY or maybe even Texas

I'm sure Alex will command a big salary next year, but just looking at the other MLB teams, it's hard to find one that A. needs a starting shortstop and B. could afford to pay AGon what he'll likely want. The big spenders: The NYs, Boston, LAD, LAA, Baltimore, Cubs...all have starting SS depending on what the Cubs do with Nomar. The club, besides possibly Chicago, that would need a SS and could potentially pay a Rollins type contract would be Arizona (starting Royce Clayton). Alex would be a huge upgrade for them, so maybe they shell out the money. The only other possibility I could see would be San Francisco if decide they are sellers and trade Vizquel at the deadline.

The Phillies really screwed the Marlins I believe when they signed Rollins to that deal. Rollins is a good defensive player with more speed and historically a better overall bat. But I think most GM's are smart enough to recognize that AGon is GREAT in the field and could live with a little less offense and therefore would give him a similar deal. However, there are very few in the league that have the money and a need. If the bidding goes beyond $6mil per year or past a 3 year deal, I think the Marlins pass. They have Andino in AA who they say has a ML ready glove and Josh Wilson has been in our system for years now. There's also the possibility of a trade for a young, inexpensive player like Ramirez. I just hope we don't go with the Royce Clayton's of the world.

actually, the Cubs dont have one. Nomar was on a one year contract. So really they will be in the market :( I bet they will be eyeing too. I hope he stays, dont get me wrong. I think he is what makes Castillo a gold glove player. But, you never know.

845739[/snapback]

Great ANOTHER Marlin that might become a Cub!!

They have Andino in AA who they say has a ML ready glove and Josh Wilson has been in our system for years now. There's also the possibility of a trade for a young, inexpensive player like Ramirez. I just hope we don't go with the Royce Clayton's of the world.

845735[/snapback]

What is Andino's bat like, I heard that he was starting to produce at AA?