Question about Hanley Ramirez

I dont know alot about the guy but I have 2 concerns about him. First, is that in his scouting report sais he likes to play infront of large crowds. It seems like this guy might be the type of person who would want to be in a big-market type ball club. My second question is why are we so interested in a Shortstop?? Yes he has great talent, but I don't think Alex Gonzalez has let our team down. Sure he isn't the best offensive weapon, but is Hanley Ramirez THAT much better on defense than Gonzalez???Im not sure if he is worth trading for AJ. We need help at 3B, and maybe Outfield, although Juan has been playing better. Im not liking the whole trade AJ idea.

plus there is only 2 marque SS out there. Alex and Furcal. Plenty of teams will be looking for a good SS. Look at those signed this year for options.

844675[/snapback]

Unless Furcal turns it around in the second half, his value has plummeted due to his performance (or lack thereof) this season

Gammons on WEEI Today:

Hanley Ramirez will not be traded.

Unless Josh Beckett was available, the Red Sox will not be trading him.

845008[/snapback]

so if Gammons said it, I expect to see Hanley on the first plane to Seattle for Randy Winn :p

Gammons on WEEI Today:

Hanley Ramirez will not be traded.

Unless Josh Beckett was available, the Red Sox will not be trading him.

845008[/snapback]

so if Gammons said it, I expect to see Hanley on the first plane to Seattle for Randy Winn :p

845019[/snapback]

Gammons does get some bad info but if there is any team he has a pulse on...it is the Boston Red Sox he is usually quite accurate with his information on the Sox. That's why he frequents WEEI.

Salavate over Han-Ram all you want...you guys will just be dissapointed...unless you put Beckett on the block.

No way Alex makes as much as Rollins. This board was just talking about how no one pays attention to Alex and how he is so underated and is deserving to go to the All Star Game. Rollins is much more well known than Alex. I don't think it will be THAT hard to re-sign him.

No way Alex makes as much as Rollins. This board was just talking about how no one pays attention to Alex and how he is so underated and is deserving to go to the All Star Game. Rollins is much more well known than Alex. I don't think it will be THAT hard to re-sign him.

845040[/snapback]

:lol

No way Alex makes as much as Rollins. This board was just talking about how no one pays attention to Alex and how he is so underated and is deserving to go to the All Star Game. Rollins is much more well known than Alex.? I don't think it will be THAT hard to re-sign him.

845040[/snapback]

845053[/snapback]

care to explain MAverick???

845040[/snapback]

845053[/snapback]

845184[/snapback]

yea, what are you talking about?

Alex is gonna get in the ballpark of Jimmy Rollins #s

No way Alex makes as much as Rollins. This board was just talking about how no one pays attention to Alex and how he is so underated and is deserving to go to the All Star Game. Rollins is much more well known than Alex.? I don't think it will be THAT hard to re-sign him.

845040[/snapback]

845053[/snapback]

845184[/snapback]

845192[/snapback]

845040[/snapback]

845053[/snapback]

845184[/snapback]

845192[/snapback]

845202[/snapback]

While he may not make double digits, he should get 6-8mil per

845040[/snapback]

845053[/snapback]

845184[/snapback]

845192[/snapback]

845202[/snapback]

While he may not make double digits, he should get 6-8mil per

845212[/snapback]

There you go!! Stay with the 6mil figure. Now, if thats the price for Gonzalez dont u think the Marlins have a chance of resigning him???