Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

the mars volta

Featured Replies

has anyone heard their new record, or simply the band ... if not, then I strongly recommend it. if you are down for some kids on pcp making somethng unclassifiable, than this is your record.

 

mix of some: jazz, rock, ethnic, metal, flamenco, tango, punk, funk, ... with poetic lyrics sung in spanish and english

 

 

not your typical radio friendly band with pop songs about girls of the summer ... they are loud, complex and give you a feeling of being in an apocalyptic opera

I keep hearing good things about them but still haven't gotten around to listening to any of their stuff.

 

Doesn't John Frusciante and/or Flea play with them in a few songs or something?

I just listened to some samples in iTunes, and I like what I hear. Nice and prog, with just a tinge of Zeppelin.

 

Also, I could be wrong, but I believe I heard the sound of coqu?s in one of the pieces. Now, that is obscure!

  • Author

half of the band is puerto rican so yes they got them coquis in there

 

 

 

and to Iowa ... Flea played the whole first record, and parts of the second ... and John Frusceane has played some solo?s in both records

I saw them live at the Electric Factory in Philly, last month I think. Truly mind-blowing experience. This band is so talented its filthy - its like AJ's stuff but think musically. They really brought down the house, highly recommended :thumbup

 

Their earlier stuff is great as well, one of the single most original and weird bands out there. Truly unique :o

I love them and have both discs.

 

De-Loused in the Comatorium is a better CD then Fraces the Mute but both are top notch.

i have their last disc.....incredible. I hear this one is supossed to be better

 

ANybody heard of Circa Survive?

  • Author

for those of you interested

 

the mars volta is coming on tour

 

8/16 in Orlando at the TD Waterhouse Center

 

8/17 in Miami at the Office Depot Center

 

 

 

ill be in one of those for sure

I bought their first album "De-Loused In The Comatorium" back when it came out. Very different stuff. Some so-so songs, but some very good. & yes as someone mentioned Flea played a few songs w/ them for the album.

 

Nope definitely not your average pop band, but that can only be a good thing.

  • Author

for those of you interested

 

the mars volta is coming on tour

 

8/16 in Orlando at the TD Waterhouse Center

 

8/17 in Miami at the Office Depot Center

 

 

 

ill be in one of those for sure

847600[/snapback]

 

 

if the volta isnt enough, they will be opening up for System of a Down

 

 

circus music for a night how hot

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.