TOTAL BS by BBTN and ESPN

anyone remember what was on the list?

Both Mazeroski and Carter ended the World Series with a homer, they deserve it. Kirk Gibson's homer off Eckersley for sure. Ruth's called shot. The shot heard 'round the world (the Giants win the pennant! the Giants win the pennant!). Maris' 61st, Hank Aaron's 715th, McGwire's 62nd, Bonds' 71st, Aaron Boone's homer to end the '03 ALCS...all those were definitely bigger than A-Gonz's. Also, Fisk's homer off the foul pole where he's waving it fair....that one was pretty huge.

After that, i'm reaching a little bit, but the other ones that come to mind are: Kirby Puckett's homer into the netting in the '91 series, the Jeter or Martinez homers off BH Kim in '99, maybe? Boy i don't know what else they could have said....possibly Reggie's 3rd homer in his 3-homer game in the World Series in '77?

One could argue that when juxtaposed with the Fisk HR, the Maz and Carter HR's, Gonzalez' really isn't as special.

However, when Jim Edmonds forcing Game 7 in the NLCS last year makes it... :banghead

851245[/snapback]

oh man...that was on the list? i didn't even know that happened!

One could argue that when juxtaposed with the Fisk HR, the Maz and Carter HR's, Gonzalez' really isn't as special.

However, when Jim Edmonds forcing Game 7 in the NLCS last year makes it... :banghead

851245[/snapback]

oh man...that was on the list? i didn't even know that happened!

851251[/snapback]

Reggie Jackson hitting a HR in the all star game bigger than AGON shot?

Im trying not to be a homer on this subject but if you dont think that Alex's homer wasnt special than you dont know baseball. Alex Gonzalez's homer was the same thing as jeters in 01' (imagine going down 3-1). His Homerun capped off an amazing game. It definantly deserved to be on the highlight reel but then again most of the mlb doesnt even care that we exist

I didn't see it (the show) and Alex' homer HUGE but at least honorable mention here ought to go to Miggy's rookie WS HR off (then retiring) Roger Clemens when Clemens knocks him down and Cabrera gets up and hits one of Rocket Roger.

A truly great moment even if it only has special meaning for us.

I didn't see it and Alex' homer HUGE but at leat honorable mention here ought to go to Miggy's rookie WS HR off (then retiring) Roger Clemens when Clemens knocks him down and Cabrera gets up and hits one of Rocket Roger.

A truly great moment even if it only has special meaning for us.

851452[/snapback]

You know what come to think of it that could have been on there too. i think when Cabrera's carrer is over that just might be his most memorable play

Bet you if a Yankee and hit a walk off against us and they ended up winning the WS it would have been on there.

Seriosuly why does it feel as if we are bad guys at times. Hell I remember all the crying about how we robbed the Cubs from a trip to the WS, not us coming from behind 3-1 and Beckett's untter dominance. Shame really.