July 13, 200521 yr Left-hander Mike Stanton joined the Washington Nationals on Wednesday in a move the NL East leader hopes will add depth to its bullpen for the second half. Stanton, 38, was cut two weeks ago by the New York Yankees after going 1-2 with a 7.07 ERA in 28 games this season. Source: AP
July 13, 200521 yr IF they use him for anything other than lefthanders, they can say goodbye to winning one run games.
July 13, 200521 yr This will backfire. Stanton is done. 854043[/snapback] I thought the same about Ryan Drese. Bowden is a good GM. I expect us to make the playoffs though.
July 13, 200521 yr This will backfire.? Stanton is done. 854043[/snapback] I thought the same about Ryan Drese. Bowden is a good GM. I expect us to make the playoffs though. 854133[/snapback] :lol :lol :lol :plain :lol :lol :lol
July 14, 200521 yr This will backfire. Stanton is done. 854043[/snapback] I thought the same about Ryan Drese. Bowden is a good GM. I expect us to make the playoffs though. 854133[/snapback] Drese was a terrible decision by the Rangers. Stanton really is done.
July 14, 200521 yr not sure if they think a change of scenery will work for this guy but the yankees did cut him for a reason. his line is ugly.
July 14, 200521 yr He's been great against lefties, Torre and the Yanks just had him pitching to a whole lot of righthanders.
July 14, 200521 yr This will backfire. Stanton is done. 854043[/snapback] I thought the same about Ryan Drese. Bowden is a good GM. I expect us to make the playoffs though. 854133[/snapback] :lol :lol :lol :plain :lol :lol :lol 854156[/snapback] He has probably been the executive of the year so far...he did take the Expos from worst to first so far...
July 14, 200521 yr Stanton in 2005: vs. lefties: .176 BAA vs. righties: .478 BAA 855051[/snapback] jeez thats nasty. now i understand. he was just being misused just like most of the yankees pen.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.