Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I learned something interesting

Featured Replies

I met a kid last night at my friends 21st bday fiesta who pitched in college. He told me something that I had never thought of and am wondering how widely used it is.

 

when he bats, he doesn't use batting gloves so that the pine tar from the bats gets on his hands. Then when people ask him why he doesn't use batting gloves he just says "cause i'm hard core" and laughs it off. he says it makes the ball do filthy things

 

i've herad of using pine tar to doctor pitches but i never thought of getting pine tar on your hands by not using gloves when you swing. that way you have nothing on you, well, except on your hands, haha

 

have you guys ever heard of anyone doing this?

:lol yeah..

unless they use wooden..

869921[/snapback]

 

 

They don't use wooden bats in college, which makes it likely that he's talking out of his ass.

:lol yeah..

unless they use wooden..

869921[/snapback]

 

 

They don't use wooden bats in college, which makes it likely that he's talking out of his ass.

869941[/snapback]

yeah, that and theres a DH in college

  • Author

:lol yeah..

unless they use wooden..

869921[/snapback]

 

 

They don't use wooden bats in college, which makes it likely that he's talking out of his ass.

869941[/snapback]

 

 

 

 

 

anyway, i was wasted and stoned while talking to him, i assumed his story is from college, but it is probably from the Mens league he is in. He said he played DIII ball in college for a year but didnt like the comittment. so a few years passed and now he's working and in a recreational but competitve mens league in mass

 

and i assume they use wooden bats there.......so anyway, back to the point of the topic. has anyone ever heard of a situation like this happening?

 

and share other stories about unique ways to gain a "competitive edge"

  • Author

wow, you're right, Admin

 

i'm the moron, my bad.

 

I thought i was being accused of lying and thats why i reacted like that....that is my biggest pet peve(sp)....when someone tells me I'm lying and i'm not.

 

any way, i'm an idiot, my B

wow, you're right, Admin

 

i'm the moron, my bad.

 

I thought i was being accused of lying and thats why i reacted like that....that is my biggest pet peve(sp)....when someone tells me I'm lying and i'm not.

 

any way, i'm an idiot, my B

870028[/snapback]

 

Don't sweat it.

:lol yeah..

unless they use wooden..

869921[/snapback]

 

 

They don't use wooden bats in college, which makes it likely that he's talking out of his ass.

869941[/snapback]

Actually there are some lower divisions in college and Other divisions in high school baseball that are switching to Wood bats beacuse of the dangers of Aluminum. i read the story in ESPN the mag. I never really understood why you use aluminum bats all the way up to the pros and then switch to wood. I think that would mess you up.

:lol yeah..

unless they use wooden..

869921[/snapback]

 

 

They don't use wooden bats in college, which makes it likely that he's talking out of his ass.

869941[/snapback]

Actually there are some lower divisions in college and Other divisions in high school baseball that are switching to Wood bats beacuse of the dangers of Aluminum. i read the story in ESPN the mag. I never really understood why you use aluminum bats all the way up to the pros and then switch to wood. I think that would mess you up.

872704[/snapback]

I can swing a wooden bat really easily, so I would actually be kinda happy if they did this..

:lol yeah..

unless they use wooden..

869921[/snapback]

 

 

They don't use wooden bats in college, which makes it likely that he's talking out of his ass.

869941[/snapback]

yeah, that and theres a DH in college

869950[/snapback]

 

Jason Vargas led his college team in batting average.

 

So either the pitcher does hit, or they put him in the DH slot.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.