Jack Thompson calls for ban on Sims 2

MiRi

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/07/22/news_6129609.html

This guy is full of it.

In the statement, Thompson says, "Sims 2, the latest version of the Sims video game franchise ... contains, according to video game news sites, full frontal nudity, including nipples, penises, labia, and pubic hair."

The sims look like Barbie dolls when they're nude. The game originally has a blur effect on the sims when they are showering and using the restroom. They do not have nipples, penises, and whatnot. They do if you download the skin, which I have in my game, from Sims 2 fan sites. So then, if the Barbie & Ken look is bad, then why not just ban Barbie and Ken dolls? Idiot... :mad

Thompson doesn't buy it. "The sex and the nudity are in the game. That's the point. The blur is an admission that even the 'Ken and Barbie' features should not be displayed. The blur can be disarmed. This is no different than what is in San Andreas, although worse."

How the hell can that be worse than what's in GTA? When sims "woohoo" all you see is sims playing under the sheets. What a whackjob.

It's not just the adults that are liberated from their wardrobes. Sims kids can also be nudified, "much to the delight, one can be sure, of pedophiles around the globe who can rehearse, in virtual reality, for their abuse."

:banghead

And this guy is from Miami too.... :thumbdown

Haha. I downloaded the nude skins for Sims 2. They don't come with the retail version of the game though. :angel_not

It's a fun, but addicting game.

885277[/snapback]

LOL I have one for the males that you can get them to "grow" if you know what I mean. It's a funny hack.

Guest Fritz

Yes, let's blame bad parenting on video games! Next, we can blame gun companies for gun violence or restaurants for gluttonous pigs that live in this country. Oh wait...

:plain

Yes, let's blame bad parenting on video games! Next, we can blame gun companies for gun violence or restaurants for gluttonous pigs that live in this country. Oh wait...

:plain

885388[/snapback]

Hehe. I love it when people blame fast food for their obesity. Haven't they ever heard of planned dieting or self control? It's like how Michael Moore blamed K-Mart for the Columbine shootings.

Speaking of fast food, I still have not fulfilled my KFC craving that I have had for a few weeks now.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.