John Bolton's Recess Appointment

FutureGM

Yeah because Bush is the FIRST Pres. to use a recess appointment. The Dems should be ashamed of themselves for using a filibuster and not having anyone in the UN representing the US. The guy was gonna get the position the Dems just like to play politics. The Dems will do anything to keep things stagnant. They dont want ANYTHING to get done, all they want to do is bitch and moan.

Yeah because Bush is the FIRST Pres. to use a recess appointment. The Dems should be ashamed of themselves for using a filibuster and not having anyone in the UN representing the US. The guy was gonna get the position the Dems just like to play politics. The Dems will do anything to keep things stagnant. They dont want ANYTHING to get done, all they want to do is bitch and moan.

887360[/snapback]

You seem to be forgetting that because the Democrats are the minority party, they have very little say in politics right now. I can guarantee that Republicans would use the same tactics if they were the minority party.

There's nothing wrong with the filibuster anyway, it has been used for almost two centuries now in our Congress.

I would also extremely disagree with the notion that Democrats just want to keep things from getting done. That's just a stupid comment, which has absolutely no basis.

887360[/snapback]

They only stopped the appointment because papers written by him were being withheld. Doesnt it concern you that something about this guy is being withheld and hidden? You should be proud that the democrats are doing their due diligence. I guess all that matters is strict loyalty to your leader.

Whether you think Bolton is the man or not , it is going to take alot more than Bolton to change the UN . The United Nations is a corrupt institution that has done more to prop up dictators than it has to help the worlds poor. I am overwhelmed by the UN's response to the crisis in Niger , good job Kofi keep lining yours and your sons pockets while millions of people are starving. The UN is a waste of money and time and carries no legitimacy seriously why do we waste our time with them?????

Whether you think Bolton is the man or not , it is going to take alot more than Bolton to change the UN . The United Nations is a corrupt institution that has done more to prop up dictators than it has to help the worlds poor. I am overwhelmed by the UN's response to the crisis in Niger , good job Kofi keep lining yours and your sons pockets while millions of people are starving. The UN is a waste of money and time and carries no legitimacy seriously why do we waste our time with them?????

888788[/snapback]

I wholeheartedly agree with you.

But its the principle about Bolton that pisses us off more.

Yeah because Bush is the FIRST Pres. to use a recess appointment.? The Dems should be ashamed of themselves for using a filibuster and not having anyone in the UN representing the US.? The guy was gonna get the position the Dems just like to play politics.? The Dems will do anything to keep things stagnant.? They dont want ANYTHING to get done, all they want to do is bitch and moan.

887360[/snapback]

this guy is AGAINST the UN! Hes been quoted saying that he thinks its pointless, a joke.. 'the dems'... bah...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.