Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Super Bowl Predictions?

Featured Replies

Then why were you spurting about the 9 Pro Bowlers all being leaders? :rolleyes:

 

You guys have leaders, but its because of selfish idiots like Surtain (who is loved by teammates, but is to much drama off field), Griese and then just idiots like Dead Head Dave.

 

I know Jr. very well as you know and he'll certainly help out your team. I wish him nothing but the best, but I think he'll only be good in the locker room influence, his on field play may be lacking.

And what is Surtain's "drama" off the field? Would it be the drama of Favre saying he has a drug problem? Would it be Gilbert Brown being so fat and lazy that he can't keep his weight down to play and instead of dieting he is arrested for beating his wife? Or better yet.....

 

How about your role model and one of the team leaders, big bad Ahman Green. What a p***y he is! Remember his "off-field drama"? He was arrested for threatening and beating his pregnant wife not once, but twice!! He was also ordered to stay away from his wife's home and childens day care center!

 

Nice chemistry and citizens/team leaders you have. Thanks for playing the game Phlub. :rolleyes:

Then why were you spurting about the 9 Pro Bowlers all being leaders? :rolleyes:

 

You guys have leaders, but its because of selfish idiots like Surtain (who is loved by teammates, but is to much drama off field), Griese and then just idiots like Dead Head Dave.

 

I know Jr. very well as you know and he'll certainly help out your team. I wish him nothing but the best, but I think he'll only be good in the locker room influence, his on field play may be lacking.

And what is Surtain's "drama" off the field? Would it be the drama of Favre saying he has a drug problem? Would it be Gilbert Brown being so fat and lazy that he can't keep his weight down to play and instead of dieting he is arrested for beating his wife? Or better yet.....

 

How about your role model and one of the team leaders, big bad Ahman Green. What a p***y he is! Remember his "off-field drama"? He was arrested for threatening and beating his pregnant wife not once, but twice!! He was also ordered to stay away from his wife's home and childens day care center!

 

Nice chemistry and citizens/team leaders you have. Thanks for playing the game Phlub. :rolleyes: dont forget they're old tightend Chumura, i hear he had that R.Kelly complex :D the thing about Surtain was just some argument with Madison, but i cant think of anyone other than those two that i would perfer. chemistry is important phlub, but you make it sound like they have to be the Brady Bunch.

 

good points Sals

Then why were you spurting about the 9 Pro Bowlers all being leaders? :rolleyes:

When the f*** did I say that? That was a different arguement, in which you were trying to sell Miami's talent level short. I never said they were all leaders. Not once did I say that.

WC I have the MSN coversation to prove you said it.

Phlub, why do you pick on WC? You make fun of him for being a homer, when he is more optimistic than anything. If anyone is a homer, it's you! Nobody besides you here cares about the Packers, yet there are tons of Packer threads on this board, ever wonder who started all of them? Most of WC's Dolphin comments are also remarks against your unrealistic Packer comments and over-and-above Dolphin bashing comments. Bottom line is, the season will start soon and then everything will play out but on paper the Dolphins have a great team, one superior to the Packers, get over it.

Bottom line is, the season will start soon and then everything will play out but on paper the Dolphins have a great team, one superior to the Packers, get over it.

And before the seaosn starts, the only way you can determine who has the best chance to make the super bowl w/o playing a game is by the team with the most talent. Miami happens to have the most talent.

 

Thank you, Sals. You kinda prove everypoint I can't. :lol

jesus christ

 

 

chemistry is overrated

unless you want to be a pre med major

 

the 89' oakland A'S had one of the worst team chemistrys ever, that was reported by many sources.they took the title.

 

phlub your bieng so stupid

 

HOW THE F*CK CAN YOU HAVE CHEMISTRY ON A 53 MAN ROSTER???!!!!

thats alot of goddamn people

 

im sure favre is best friends with every1 there :rolleyes:

 

and besides that shouldnt you be a vikings fan? i mean you like the wolves and twinkies, and the packers?!

 

am i missing something

cant you be a buck/brewer, cant take losing huh?

 

i think we have a bandwagon on our hands gentlemen!

 

and quit it with WC, you talk down on him like if your older and wiser and while he is a young buck, you dont got too much hair on your a*s yourself

 

dont COME TO A FORGEIN BOARD AND BASH ONE OF THIER HOMETOWN TEAM AND ONE OF THIER REGULARS

 

 

leave that to me :cool

its a constant s*** talk between both of you and i dont think wild is wanting to start it.

 

your bieng to hostile. relax

 

the pack arent gods gift to the nfl.

Vince Lombardi was in a way, but that's for another time...

Halas was more of a gift considering he was one of the originals.

Sals Gilbert Brown never beat his wife. :rolleyes:

 

And actually I've been a Twin and TWolves fan since I was a little kid. And so I can take the losing.

 

Hey I don't pick on Wild Card. But what irritates me is that he is WAY to optimisitic.

 

Sals show me where I get to dreamy about the Pack. Just show me. WC is my favorite guy here.

 

Show me just show me where my unrealistic Packers comments are?

 

The Pack is going 11-5 and losing midway in the playoffs. Thats something everyone agrees to.

 

Sals you can also have paper champs. Thats about the most worthless title in football. Super Bowl Champs is the only one that counts.

 

George Halas was only a coach, and for the Bears, I have way to much hate for them except to say anything that Halas was good.

 

Curly Lambeau had a huge hand in making football what it is today, and if you don't believe me, get ready to see the longest post you can see.

Sals Gilbert Brown never beat his wife. :rolleyes:

 

And actually I've been a Twin and TWolves fan since I was a little kid. And so I can take the losing.

 

Hey I don't pick on Wild Card. But what irritates me is that he is WAY to optimisitic.

 

Sals show me where I get to dreamy about the Pack. Just show me.

dude youre problem is that you come here and go out of youre way to tell us about why we wont win it, including making up stuff about how this little chemistry problem here and there is going to totally f*** up our year and how our coach is the scum of the earth while talking about how great the packer tradition is and sherman is or how great and better Favre is compared to Marino and the other day you were dipping into the NFL films vault coming up with all this stuff about desire and all this other s*** explaining what we lack. thats really f***ing annoying.

 

Wildcard, youre problem is that you say it is impossible for us to lose in the 1st round or miss the afc title game because of our leadership and talent while our history shows otherwise. its august, things look good, but dont crown them yet. watch them play and hope they get it done. thats what im going to do. my heart was shattered last year. i already had a list of championship gear i was going to get, and i shouldve known better to get ahead of myself. i told myself after the disastrous "special" season of '99 that i would never do that again, a promise i forgot about and was reminded of last year.

Sals Gilbert Brown never beat his wife. :rolleyes:

 

And actually I've been a Twin and TWolves fan since I was a little kid. And so I can take the losing.

 

Hey I don't pick on Wild Card. But what irritates me is that he is WAY to optimisitic.

 

Sals show me where I get to dreamy about the Pack. Just show me. WC is my favorite guy here.

 

Show me just show me where my unrealistic Packers comments are?

 

The Pack is going 11-5 and losing midway in the playoffs. Thats something everyone agrees to.

 

Sals you can also have paper champs. Thats about the most worthless title in football. Super Bowl Champs is the only one that counts.

 

George Halas was only a coach, and for the Bears, I have way to much hate for them except to say anything that Halas was good.

 

Curly Lambeau had a huge hand in making football what it is today, and if you don't believe me, get ready to see the longest post you can see.

what!!?? if it werent for Papa bear the NFL wouldnt exist. thats a total disrespect for the NFL's history. yeah Lambeau had a hand, and be proud of that as a Packers fan but dont deny Halas his place in history, also dont forget that he's the 2nd most winningest coach in the leagues history, behind Shula :D . im proud of the fact that a dolphins coach holds that record, but im not going to deny Halas' greatness and his place in the leagues history.

Hey I don't pick on Wild Card. But what irritates me is that he is WAY to optimisitic.

There is no such thing as being too optimistic. You would have said I was being way too optimistic before the baseball season when I said the Marlins would win the National League wild card, and yet here we are (althought they have not won it yet).

 

Theonly way you can be too optimistic is by saying the Tigers ir Bengals will win the World Series and Super Bowl. Those are rediculus things to believe. But it is not, however, farfetched to believe that Miami will win the super bowl. It is also not far fetched to believe the Packers will win the super bowl. Those are legit predictions.

 

The Pack is going 11-5 and losing midway in the playoffs. Thats something everyone agrees to.

 

I never agreed to that.

and i shouldve known better to get ahead of myself. i told myself after the disastrous "special" season of '99 that i would never do that again, a promise i forgot about and was reminded of last year.

 

Man I really got ahead of myself last year. I was like WC and I was extremely disappointed, I'll admit it, I walked out of Lambeau after the loss to the Falcons crying. So did a lot of other Packers fans. And I just don't want WC to potentially be set up for the dissappointment I felt after last year. Cuz the Pack got off to an 8-1 start and I just knew there was nothing that would stop the Pack, that was their year last year and they lost. And I just don't want WC to be like I was last year, cuz it sucked.

 

As far as Favre vs. Marino thats a topic that will never end. Elway, Unitas, Aikman, Young, and Montana also have to be included in that conversation.

 

But Marino and Favre are #1 and #2 on my list, doesnt matter whose number 1 or 2 for me.

 

Because Favre has the best winning percentage of any QB in Football since 1950 and More MVPs then anyone at any position ever.

 

And Marino has more TD passes and Pass Yds. then anyone in history. So really either one could have good arguments for the best ever.

 

And when I talk about the Fins bein 10-6, its only my opinion. And alot of times I catch myself stating my opinion as facts, when they are still only opinions and I realize that it pisses people off on the net, but in real life people know me well enough to know they are my opinions.

It is also not far fetched to believe the Packers will win the super bowl.

 

Yes it is far fetched. The Packers injury problems are just amazing.

 

Now the player we could least afford to lose on Defense is gone for the season and thats Gilbert Brown.

 

Gilbert is one of the best run stoppers in the NFL when he's healthy, but now that hes out the Packers are in serious trouble because they have nobody as big as Gilbert (who does?) for Nick Barnett (rookie MLB) to run behind.

 

The Packers Defense is fast and we needed them to be fast, but now we lack toughness outside of Sharper, McKenzie, Harris, Diggs, and Gbaja-Biamila.

 

A good season for the Packers in my mind will be a Divisional Round appearnce or Conference Championship.

 

But with Brett anything's possible, but he'd have to pull a real rabbit out of his helmet on this one.

Sals Gilbert Brown never beat his wife. :rolleyes:

Oh, I'm sorry, it was his girlfriend...makes it much more accecptable: Brown Arrested for Domestic Abuse

 

BROWN ARRESTED: Calling it a police matter, Packers general manager Ron Wolf declined comment on the arrest of starting defensive tackle Gilbert Brown in a domestic dispute.

 

Authorities said the 350-pound Brown pushed his girlfriend over a couch during an argument.

 

Brown was taken into custody late Monday for disorderly conduct as a domestic violence offense, although his girlfriend told authorities she didn't want to press charges, Brown County Sheriff's Lt. Ken Bougie said.

 

Brown, 26, spent about five minutes in the Brown County Jail before posting $150 bond.

 

Brown pushed his 23-year-old live-in girlfriend after arguing with her at their Town of Hobart home, Bougie said. The woman fell over a couch but was not injured, he said.

 

She called police so she could get her things and leave, Bougie said. She did not want to press charges but the officer at the scene made the decision to arrest Brown, he said.

 

The Brown County District Attorney's Office plans to review the case.

pst..common sense-boy....I'm not sayin Brown did or didnt beat anyone...but you need some proof....an article saying he was arrested proves jack squat! No charges were pressed, so it never went to trial. So, you THINK he beat up his girlfriend because he was arrested. Girls never lie right?

pst..common sense-boy....I'm not sayin Brown did or didnt beat anyone...but you need some proof....an article saying he was arrested proves jack squat! No charges were pressed, so it never went to trial. So, you THINK he beat up his girlfriend because he was arrested. Girls never lie right?

That should be nominated for dumbest post of the year. I just supplied the proof. I sent the link to the article and posted the article also. I think it's pretty obvious he pushed his girlfriend over a couch in an argument. If I recall correctly he has also smahsed her car windows before. Nobody should hit a girl, especially a 350lb man. No excuse Furman. She chose not to file charges after, but there was no argument he laid his hands on her. Your post really is ignorant.

im sorry, I didnt realize pushing was considered being a wife-beater. I stand corrected. I guess i've beat up a lot of people in my life then...heck, I must have pummeled my brother everyday, because we always end up pushing each other, and since Salsy thinks pushing is beating up on someone, maybe my brother should have pressed charges...I mean...just think of the welts that could have caused!

 

Idiot.

I think it's pretty obvious he pushed his girlfriend over a couch in an argument.

 

Therefore he beat her up? Hmmm...you're not too good at this coming to conclusions thing are you. Maybe you're in the same boat as me...lacking common sense? Maybe when you get to high school that will change. Oh you aren't in junior high? Could have fooled me.

im sorry, I didnt realize pushing was considered being a wife-beater. I stand corrected. I guess i've beat up a lot of people in my life then...heck, I must have pummeled my brother everyday, because we always end up pushing each other, and since Salsy thinks pushing is beating up on someone, maybe my brother should have pressed charges...I mean...just think of the welts that could have caused!

 

Idiot.

You are making yourself look very stupid and now I understand why you go to an institution such as Furman. The force of a 350lb man, let alone an angry 350lb man pushing a much smaller woman over a couch and causing her to call 911 is not normal. If it was not a crime, then he would not have been arrested, clear cut right there. There is a huge difference between two brothers wrestling and a huge defensive tackle pushing his girlfriend over a couch during an argument. If you can not seperate the two then you should seek help.

lol...top 50 undergraduate program in the country....dangit...why wasnt i in the top 40 undergraduate program...oh well....

 

there were no bruises....none reported at least. No signs of injuries. How serious was this "beating"? 150 dollars of bail money. Ooohh. Seriously, if you can look at that, and then say that Gilbert Brown beats up on his girlfriend, then you my prepubescent friend, have a lot to learn.

 

Excuse me, I must hit the sack. I need to work tomorrow.

lol...top 50 undergraduate program in the country....dangit...why wasnt i in the top 40 undergraduate program...oh well....

 

there were no bruises....none reported at least. No signs of injuries. How serious was this "beating"? 150 dollars of bail money. Ooohh. Seriously, if you can look at that, and then say that Gilbert Brown beats up on his girlfriend, then you my prepubescent friend, have a lot to learn.

 

Excuse me, I must hit the sack. I need to work tomorrow.

Yeah, well compared to my former insitute of higher learning, UPenn, Furman is not up to par.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.