My top 10 MLB prospects

Finfan9113

1. Delmon Young- I just feel he will be better than King Felix

2. Felix Hernandez- The best pitching prospect I've seen in a long time

3. BJ Upton- Great athlete with phenomenal ability

4. Jeremy Hermida- Bit of a homer but an OPS machine and great athlete with speed Lefty Vlad Guerroro anyone

5. Brandon Wood- Minors most prolific power hitter and great ability

6. Jeff Francouer- Producing in the majors and could be ATL Opening day starter next year

7. Andy Marte- GG defense LS offense whats not to like

8. Lastings Milledge- Speed and power what more do you want out him

9. Ian Stewart- Natural hitter will thrive in Coors

10. Edwin Encarnacion- The Reds starting 3B should be great in the years to come

Not Drew yet but definetly Verlander. And you aren't being a homer there. Hermida has developed into a great prosepect this year.

892332[/snapback]

In Single-A this year:

38 G

.389 AVG

10 HR

39 RBI

26 BB - 25 SO

.486 OBP

.738 SLG

:o

892343[/snapback]

I'd put him in the top 15 right now. Give him a year. I definetly think he is top 10 caliber but there are others who are just simply in front of him this year.

Not Drew yet but definetly Verlander. And you aren't being a homer there. Hermida has developed into a great prosepect this year.

892332[/snapback]

In Single-A this year:

38 G

.389 AVG

10 HR

39 RBI

26 BB - 25 SO

.486 OBP

.738 SLG

:o

892343[/snapback]

I'd put him in the top 15 right now. Give him a year. I definetly think he is top 10 caliber but there are others who are just simply in front of him this year.

892402[/snapback]

He may be in the majors before he's in the minors for a year. :thumbup

What are Verlanders #s and what's his ETA

892556[/snapback]

September 2005/April 2006.

0.26 ERA in 6 AA starts - If memory serves me correctly, I'm doing it off the top of my head. This is his first season of pro-ball.

Im an avid minor league baseball fan, so I decided to throw my top 10 prospects out there.

1.Felix Hernandez - Amazing. If he is truley 19 years old, he is the best pitching prospect of the past 20 years. The Mariners are yet to even let him throw his best pitch, his slider (80/80 on the scouting scale) - still he has simply dominated at every level.

2.Delmon Young - Flat out, the kid can mash. He hits anything and everything, Vlad style. Unfortunately, he does have a flaw, that will certainly be exposed at the next level, he doesn't take pitches. Luckily, it's not a fatal flaw however and it can and will be improved as he continues to mature as a hitter. Nevertheless, he is the lock of the century.

3.Justin Verlander - Amazing stuff. While it was questionable in the offseason, he has in fact been able to harness it. With a fastball touching 100 MPH at times, but settling in at 96 MPH and 2 other plus pitches - Verlander is set up to be one of the great pitchers of the next era.

4.Prince Fielder - Despite putting up poor numbers this year, he's still one of the best pure power hitters in recent memory. He seems to lose confidence/focus at times and goes into prolonged funks.

5.Conor Jackson - He's just a masher. Future multiple time batting champion, he also quite possibly has the best plate discipline in the minors. If he didn't suck on defense, this kid would be getting unbelievable hype after flirting with .400 early on in the season.

6.Jeremy Hermida

7.Stephen Drew

8.Andy Marte

9.Lastings Milledge

10.Brian Anderson

892556[/snapback]

0.26 ERA in 6 AA starts - If memory serves me correctly, I'm doing it off the top of my head. This is his first season of pro-ball.

Im an avid minor league baseball fan, so I decided to throw my top 10 prospects out there.

1.Felix Hernandez - Amazing. If he is truley 19 years old, he is the best pitching prospect of the past 20 years. The Mariners are yet to even let him throw his best pitch, his slider (80/80 on the scouting scale) - still he has simply dominated at every level.

2.Delmon Young - Flat out, the kid can mash. He hits anything and everything, Vlad style. Unfortunately, he does have a flaw, that will certainly be exposed at the next level, he doesn't take pitches. Luckily, it's not a fatal flaw however and it can and will be improved as he continues to mature as a hitter. Nevertheless, he is the lock of the century.

3.Justin Verlander - Amazing stuff. While it was questionable in the offseason, he has in fact been able to harness it. With a fastball touching 100 MPH at times, but settling in at 96 MPH and 2 other plus pitches - Verlander is set up to be one of the great pitchers of the next era.

4.Prince Fielder - Despite putting up poor numbers this year, he's still one of the best pure power hitters in recent memory. He seems to lose confidence/focus at times and goes into prolonged funks.

5.Conor Jackson - He's just a masher. Future multiple time batting champion, he also quite possibly has the best plate discipline in the minors. If he didn't suck on defense, this kid would be getting unbelievable hype after flirting with .400 early on in the season.

6.Jeremy Hermida

7.Stephen Drew

8.Andy Marte

9.Lastings Milledge

10.Brian Anderson

892726[/snapback]

Great list!

I would just put Delmon Young at #1 and not include Brian Anderson but good stuff.

892556[/snapback]

6.Jeremy Hermida

7.Stephen Drew

8.Andy Marte

9.Lastings Milledge

10.Brian Anderson

892726[/snapback]

Great list!

I would just put Delmon Young at #1 and not include Brian Anderson but good stuff.

893000[/snapback]

Im a lot higher on Brian Anderson than a lot of people. But, he is a legit 40 homer prospect, with a good eye and great SLG% potential. I see him as a 290/35/110 player at the next level.