Felix Hernandez (Take 2)

Hugg

The Twins can't hit anyways, but that kid in that park is going to be ridiculous for a long time.

896840[/snapback]

lame

896842[/snapback]

The truth is lame??

It was more a cheap shot at the Twinkies than anything, Hernandez is going to end up winning more than 1 Cy Young as long as he stays healthy IMO.

Couple singles in the 8th, got a K.

He still looks really sharp. They's got a huge crowd there and they're cheering him on big time.

8 IP 5 HA 0 ER 0 BB 6 K

94 pitches, 69 strikes.

Interesting decision for Hargrove.

I would send him back out and pull him at first sign of trouble.

As of right now I would take Duke.

I think Hernandez is a huge talent and will be a star in this league.

However...

Zach Duke has started 7 games and is 5-0. He would be 6-0 if not for a rain shortened game against the Marlins and he left his first career start with the lead. He could be 7-0 in 7 starts.

His numbers:

1.57 ERA

WHIP: 1.20

K per Inning: .75

He has faced the Brewers, Phillies, Cubs, Rockies, Marlins, Braves, and Dodgers and beaten down all of them.

Hernandez faced a struggling Tigers team and the offensive inept Twins...he needs a larger sample size and to face better teams.

To say Hernandez is THAT much better then Duke is absurd.

I don't even think you can compare their major league numbers yet, both sample sizes are too small and Hernandez's is way too small.

It should be fun to see how good Felix Hernandez is in 3 seasons, when he's as old as Duke is right now.

They're both awesome.

As of right now I would take Duke.

I think Hernandez is a huge talent and will be a star in this league.

However...

Zach Duke has started 7 games and is 5-0. He would be 6-0 if not for a rain shortened game against the Marlins and he left his first career start with the lead. He could be 7-0 in 7 starts.

His numbers:

1.57 ERA

WHIP: 1.20

K per Inning: .75

He has faced the Brewers, Phillies, Cubs, Rockies, Marlins, Braves, and Dodgers and beaten down all of them.

Hernandez faced a struggling Tigers team and the offensive inept Twins...he needs a larger sample size and to face better teams.

To say Hernandez is THAT much better then Duke is absurd.

897346[/snapback]

Given the choice between the 2 who would you take now? I'd take Hernandez despite the small sample size and I certainly wouldn't factor wins into the equation. To each his own, though.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.