My new band just finished recording.

SongInTheAir

I used to somewhat enjoy music like this when I was like 17. But I'm older now and all that yelling sounds horrible to me (Sorry, no offense).

I have a friend in a rock bank (Sunday Driver - they're local). They used to be really punk, but have now realized that to really make it in the music industry, you have to be a bit more radio friendly. Plus, they've grown and have matured a bit, so they don't like to play that anymore. They now have filmed a couple of videos and are regularly on tour.. Still pretty far from "making it", but definitely on the right track.

They used to be really punk, but have now realized that to really make it in the music industry, you have to be a bit more radio friendly. Plus, they've grown and have matured a bit, so they don't like to play that anymore.

Yeah, we call this "selling out".

Changing music styles to appeal to the industry?

Ugh.

Or to make money

"Selling Out" is one of the most childish things a musician can say... Playing music like this is fine for young kids having fun. But when you get older and have bills to pay and a family to support, you do what you gotta do...

In addition, people's styles and preferences change. I'm not a musician. I used to like this kind of music.. Now I don't. A band can have the same transformation...

I'm not trying to knock you.. I"m sure a lot of young kids like this kind of stuff... I'm just giving you my opinion and letting you know what my friend's' band went through.

Thanks rferry.

We all have jobs and go to college.

We don't do the band full time to make money or support any family.

I will NEVER play music that I do not feel with my truest emotions simply to make money.

There are much easier jobs if all you want to do is make money.

Obviously, a lot of people like music that is popular and well received by the masses. Obviously, we don't.

To the funny people with the witty one-liners: write a song, write some music, then come back with insults.

Thanks.

Thanks rferry.

I will NEVER play music that I do not feel with my truest emotions simply to make money.

Obviously, a lot of people like music that is popular and well received by the masses. Obviously, we don't.

To the funny people with the witty one-liners: write a song, write some music, then come back with insults.

Thanks.

I didnt make a comment on the music, but didnt you ask for feedback?

I liked the beat a lot. But I swear on my life, I could not understand a single word that was said. I think it might have been the quality of the file (?), because at times it sounded staticy...

yeah, we did it as a live recording (all intruments at the same time) and then we recorded vocals in a small square bedroom, so the sound quality really isnt that good. hopefully this weekend were going to record it track by track, and it will sound exponentially better than the file that is up right now.

Thanks for listening :)

Thanks rferry.

Thanks.

I didnt make a comment on the music, but didnt you ask for feedback?

I did.

And yours wasn't based on anything concrete.

Thus, my post.

I don't want this to become an argument, Passion.

To each his own.