Bill Clinton just refuses to get his ass out of the lime light...

Accord

If you're going to blame Bill for not getting Bin Laden, then you're also going to have to blame Reagan. He let our guys train guys like Bin Laden and the men who became the future leaders of Al Qaeda.

It's so true though, Republicans can't lay off Clinton for one second. Whenever he opens his mouth, they have to bash him. He's been out of office for half a decade, it's old news now. Let it go.

I hope you are making this point for effect or something as this isn't very accurate. You make it sound like Reagan was the head imam in some madrasa in Peshawar or something.

He authorized our CIA operatives and paramilitary guys to train these guys who became the leaders of Al Qaeda. So I think he would be more to blame than Bill Clinton.

By having them defeat the Soviets.

I think at the time helping the Afghans was better than helping the Russkies.

Would you agree with that ?

Accord: Bill Clinton is trying to become the First Man. He is campaigning for his sweetheart.

If you're going to blame Bill for not getting Bin Laden, then you're also going to have to blame Reagan. He let our guys train guys like Bin Laden and the men who became the future leaders of Al Qaeda.

It's so true though, Republicans can't lay off Clinton for one second. Whenever he opens his mouth, they have to bash him. He's been out of office for half a decade, it's old news now. Let it go.

I hope you are making this point for effect or something as this isn't very accurate. You make it sound like Reagan was the head imam in some madrasa in Peshawar or something.

He authorized our CIA operatives and paramilitary guys to train these guys who became the leaders of Al Qaeda. So I think he would be more to blame than Bill Clinton.

He also caused many of the problems we have seen in Central America also with his policies toward basically putting various regimes in power if we want to get dirty about things.

Hey guys you know what? I blame William Henry Harrison for all our problems today. The guy couldn't last a month in office thus setting off a chain of events that led to the Civil War, Reconstruction, Monopolies, the Great Depression, Baby Boomers, Hippies, Drugs, Disco, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Britney Spears, 9/11, and Hurricanes/Tsunamis/Earthquakes/Tornadoes. He's the guy to blame. Goddamn that William Henry Harrison. His death after a month shamed our country into a chain of events that still resound today.

Nixon, Bush, Clinton, Reagan, and every other President doesn't hold a candle to Mr. Harrison's deviousness in dying. Damn him and all the events he caused!!!

I love how everyone rants and rants about Iraq, like they're going to change anyone's minds. Why not actually discuss an issue that's up in the air?

Like abortion?

ZING!

I love how everyone rants and rants about Iraq, like they're going to change anyone's minds. Why not actually discuss an issue that's up in the air?

Like abortion?

ZING!Basically. At least that one has a base in the Constitution.

The U.S. made a big mistake when Bill didn't get Osama when he had the chance.

What does that have to do with Saddam Hussein and Iraq? Are you suggesting because Bill Clinton didnt kill Osama, the Bush administration wouldnt have been able to lie and sucker the country into thinking there was a link between Iraq and Bin Laden, hence sending us into the war in the first place?

Bush went into Iraq on the precedent that 9/11 was the beginning of a war against terrorism. Had Bin Laden been killed under Clinton's Administration, it's likely 9/11 would not have occured and the Administration would not have gone into a terrorist hunting frenzy. Of course this is all speculation, perhaps Al Qaeda might have attacked us in a less drastic mode.

all fine and dandy, but Bush wanted an excuse to go into Iraq since he was elected in 2000. this just provided the easy way into this war that he so desperately wanted.

Bush went into Iraq on the precedent that 9/11 was the beginning of a war against terrorism. Had Bin Laden been killed under Clinton's Administration, it's likely 9/11 would not have occured and the Administration would not have gone into a terrorist hunting frenzy. Of course this is all speculation, perhaps Al Qaeda might have attacked us in a less drastic mode.

Then why did the administration start planning military action against Iraq since January of 2000?

We've been conducting small scale military operations on them for the last decade. It would be foolish not to plan for a need arising to invade Iraq.

ya so are there plans to invade every nation then?

you know just in case.

I'm with you on your first point.

As far as the question you posed, wouldn't surprise me one bit. We probably have initial invasion plans for a couple dozen countries ready to go.