Survival toolkit

RockyMountainMarlin

I've only recently been able to watch the '97 video without really getting depressed...I don't think I could watch the '03 video if a lot of the trades (especially the Beckett one) go down.

I feel the same way. Call me crazy but to me the Beckett trade will be like the Livan trade. When I see Livan dominate teams left and right and I think to myself.. We had him on our team and that could have been us ::sigh::

I've only recently been able to watch the '97 video without really getting depressed...I don't think I could watch the '03 video if a lot of the trades (especially the Beckett one) go down.

I feel the same way. Call me crazy but to me the Beckett trade will be like the Livan trade. When I see Livan dominate teams left and right and I think to myself.. We had him on our team and that could have been us ::sigh::

Yup, trade both right before they hit their prime and get a whole lot of nothing in return.

I think it would be really funny if the Marlins (instead of their usual crappy offseason "gift") just send all their season ticket holders a teal noose. At least they'd have a sense of humor about it while realizing what they're doing instead of trying to say "this is about making the team better both now and in the future."