• New Lower Seating Bowl
  • Better Food
  • Enclose the Concourses
  • Build A Dolphins Hall of Fame seperately
  • Build a Marlins Hall of Fame seperately in 15 years
  • New LED Ribbon Boards
  • A Seperate Retractable Roof System
  • A Better Turf System

This is my long-standing list. Items 1 and 4 have been taken care of in 2005 and 2004, respectively. Now, get down to business on the rest. I believe the new ballpark will not happen, but a fair lease at Dolphins Stadium will. The Hall of Fame Club in right field could become a very nice restaurant and it would be easy to sell for both sports. By building seperate Halls of Fame, you would have things for people to see on GameDay and normal days too. A New seating bowl would make baseball and football more comfortable to watch. Enclosing the concourses is planned and should be done to improve the stadium's aura. New LED Ribbon Boards may be on the way and would allow for more ads to be sold and better scoreboards. A seperate roof system would be perfect. A better turf system is essential.

But most importantly for us is stability. Stability sells in Miami. Want stability? Get a better lease. Go Marlins....YOU CAN DO IT!

Guest Moneyball

The seating renovations would probably mean the team would have to play games at different sites, Cracker Jack Stadium and the Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville come to mind.

The field is stunning for the Dolphins games. It is the best looking surface this side of Qwest Field, IMO. How it looked at the end of last season was bad, but that was just odd.

A new restaurant in right field and new Hall of Fame for the Fins would be awesome. Enclosing the concourses would be nice, but I think the big round concourses are really cool looking. I'm sure LED ribbon boards are on the way and the retractable roof will be started in 2010 once the Fish work out a new lease or something.

Guest Moneyball

The field is stunning for the Dolphins games. It is the best looking surface this side of Qwest Field, IMO. How it looked at the end of last season was bad, but that was just odd.

A new restaurant in right field and new Hall of Fame for the Fins would be awesome. Enclosing the concourses would be nice, but I think the big round concourses are really cool looking. I'm sure LED ribbon boards are on the way and the retractable roof will be started in 2010 once the Fish work out a new lease or something.

It looks so good it looks fake.

I'm guessing the South Florida summer sun has something to do with it.

Remember the Marlins play 81 games on that turf whereas the Dolphins only play around 11 games including preseason. Its easier to repair the field after the Dolphins play than it is after the Marlins play.

Cape you have come to the conclusion a new stadium will not happen. Thought Id never see the day. The only way this franchise stays in South Florida is with a new stadium, a new lease and staying at DS will not ensure the Marlins staying in South Florida.

The NFL has told Huizinga that they do not want a roof over DS.

Remember the Marlins play 81 games on that turf whereas the Dolphins only play around 11 games including preseason. Its easier to repair the field after the Dolphins play than it is after the Marlins play.

Cape you have come to the conclusion a new stadium will not happen. Thought Id never see the day. The only way this franchise stays in South Florida is with a new stadium, a new lease and staying at DS will not ensure the Marlins staying in South Florida.

The NFL has told Huizinga that they do not want a roof over DS.

Your point on the turf is right, but the grass is always being improved. Time and tech will solve that.

The new stadium will happen at some point, I feel the Marlins can make a better investment with a new and better 15-year lease. The right time will come and the ballpark will get done, but stability should be the team's new mantra.

The roof is not needed as much as stability and the basic improvements to the facility.

More in-depth: http://capefish.blogspot.com/2005/11/top-1...r-dolphins.html

As a Dolphins Season ticket holder (as well as Marlins) I think Dolphins stadium needs a roof. I sit in section 419 but it might as well be the surface of the sun. With all the 1:00 PM games (and now that we suck and don't get any night games unless a hurricane is coming, they are are all 1:00 games) it's a killer.

Well if the NFL doesn't want an enclosed roof, then why not something that would help keep fans dry, and cool during the summers. Something like a cross between Texas Stadiums roof, yet have it retractable like the Romans did with the coliseium back in the day. that would help the suffers in the East side of the stadium as the west side could be deployed for shade.

And I wonder what the freak is taking so long with gettin some ribbon boards. It would definetly make the stadium look so much better, right between the two levels of luxury sweets and press boxes.

and for the turf, maybe a switch to synthetic turf, which is much more durable than grass. And IF the marlins get a new stadium, Wayne could always switch back to grass. The fake turf would also make it possible to cover up the infield for football games.

Renweing the lease in DS does nothing for the marlins. As most of the local fans now, Ds is a huge reason why no one goes to marlins games. Rain, heat, middle of nowhere, traffic. If anyone wants to contest this, I hope its the fans that know what I'm tlaking about and not some marlins fan that lives in minnesota saying how South florida fans are the worst ever.