Questioning the State....

i'm going to put it this in the marlins forum so people can see it and question it and then if someone wants to move it appropriately...

the state of florida has come up with an extra 3.2 billion dollars in the next year. what are they planning on doing with it??? and like i said, EXTRA [/] 3.2 bil...that wasn't expected... makes 45 mil look like peanuts no?

Right because the marlin's stadium is so much more important than putting more money into education

When's the last time The State of Florida put 3.2 billion dollars towards education. God, if they did give the Marlins the 45 mill they need then they would still have 3,155,000,000 billion dollars worth to stick into education.

Right because the marlin's stadium is so much more important than putting more money into education

I live in the country with the best-funded school system of its size in the country. Money is not the issue with education.

The state could easily cover the shortfall. That said, the OB deal sucks and is officially dead anyhow.

OK. Mr. Throw money at problems, what have the administrators of the Florda education state system do to deserve the money? Last time I checked they weren't exactly underfunded or at the top of the ranks.

For those here that have ever posted in the political board, im sure they know that my remark was meant simply as a perspective and not my personal opinion. I'm just gettign frustrated at the idiotic 'the state sucks' 'f*** the state' posts.' But to ge tthe record straight and i hope the convo doesnt lead into a discussion of this, i actually believe in a sharp reduction of public education and a reallocation of funds into voucher programs for private schools. Thats all ill say about that, but anyway back to the marlins.