Are you going to watch baseball next year?

fusion99

So, **** baseball, it's boring anyway. Football is definately more exciting now.

I know, the NFL is riveting.

Here's a game sample:

Kickoff: Holding on the return team, 10 yard penalty.

1st and 10: Play blown dead, false start on the offense.

1st and 15: Pass completion for 0 yards.

2nd and 15: Defensive pass interference for breathing on the wide receiver, 40 yard penalty.

1st and 10: Offensive holding.

1st and 20: Unsportsmanlike conduct for touching the quarterback, 15 yard penalty.

1st and 10: Defensive pass interference, 60 yard penalty.

1st and goal: Pass complete for Touchdown. After 15 minute review, call reversed, incomplete.

2nd and goal: 1 yard run, touchdown. Penalty for taunting, 15 yards.

:p

aaah nevermind I like football too.

You forgot to mention that within those nine plays theres bound to be atleast six minutes of commercials. :p

i'm a huge cardinals fan. all my friends are huge cardinals fan. so i'll be rooting hardcore for the cardinals. i'll get an MLB package and maybe some satellite radio to listen to mike shannon.

BTW: Rick Van Horn - Your HR call is f***ING LAME! up up and away this! :banned :putemup :loser

You know what.. I haven't even read one response in this thread, but I felt the need to reply to the subject. This is the reason why the Marlins don't sell. Unless they're winning, people don't care to go...

I, for one, am still excited as hell for the season to start.. Winning is a nice thing.. yes, I agree with that. But I'm just a baseball fan who appreciates the fact that we have Major League baseball in South Florida, even if our team resembles a AAA team, more than an MLB team.

I hated losing in 1998, but I still enjoyed watching every single game, cause I enjoyed watching guys like Mark Kotsay and Todd Dunwoody give it their all. This year is gonna be much better than 98, in my opinion. We have studs like Hanley Ramirez, Mike Jacobs, Willingham is gonna be given a shot.... friggin Jeremy Hermida will battle for Rookie of the year..... How can one even ask the question if we will still watch baseball next season???

As for me, I can't wait to get to the stadium to see my 10 games a year. Willy behind the dish calling the shots. D-Train whirlin and twirlin. Cabrera bombing the hell outta the ball, fielding like a Gold Glover, and firing absolute lasers to our new promising slugger manning 1B, The Jake. Still holding out hope for a certain Barbarian to be patrolling LF. Then you have Jeremy Hermida, owner of one of the game's sweetest lefty strokes with god-like plate discipline to boot. And on top of all this we have an entire legion of young, talented prospects in the minors, many of whom could make the leap to majors in spring training, as mid-season callup, or in their cups of coffee in September. Call me what you will and say what you please, but I'm a huge baseball fan and always will be. The team currently residing Miami is my favorite group of players to follow in a sport that I love deeply.

/end

I second all that and add that I can't wait to see Shades Ramirez man short either.

Since I don't live within 3 hrs of any MLB team, I choose the games I go see based on the match-up. I catch Florida every time I can when they're in Baltimore or DC now, and I time my annual trip to Colorado to coincide with theirs so I can attend some games. And I'll be doing it again this year. Call me a fool, but the game is the draw. None of the circumstances that swirl around it will keep me away. Those are all temporary. The games on the field are what last in the memory, and ultimately all that really matter.

I'm getting the impression that a lot of you don't like the Dolphins...??? What's up with that? I don't understand why I don't understand, there must be something wrong with my brain... OMG my penis :banghead

I love the Dolphins; I love the Marlins. I don't see them as rivals considering it's 2 different sports but I get the impression from some people they feel they need to choose. It's dumb, though, I bet half of those people if not more would become huge Dolphins fans when the Dolphins have a good season...

The Dolphins will have a good season next year, and considering what they went through last year, this year hasn't been too bad. They got a new head coach, their OL is improved drastically, and they had one of the biggest comebacks in NFL history on Sunday. I have faith in Saban, along with the rest of the coaching staff to get them into the playoffs within a year or two.

As for the Marlins, let the firesale continue, at this point I don't even care anymore. It is so fustrating to see all the players you love to watch go. Beckett, LoDuca, Pierre, Lowell... The team isn't the same.