Closer

orlumeca

Is Jeff Borowski a better fit for the Marlins than Todd Jones? I know he struggled in Chicago, and then he looked good as a Devil Ray could Borowski be better than Todd Jones, remember Jeff is now pitching in a pitcher friendly park?Who has the better stuff and control?

:lol

I hope you are kidding, and his name is Joe not Jeff.

First of all he's not Todd Jones. Borowski can't strike anyone out either .... at best he's more like an Antonio Alfonseca. We've got Travis Bowyer & his 97 mph fastball to groom as our future closer. I'd suggest using Bowyer as the setup guy for Borowski (or vice versa) & then move Borowski around the trade deadline. Then you'd have Bowyer & Resop for the back end.

Borowski's the closer to start the year. Or Nate Bump. Bowyer and Resop aren't getting thrown out there in the 9th inning right away.

That's not suggesting that Borowski has better stuff, or would be a better "in a vacuum" closer, but the developmental damage that could be done to Bowyer or Resop is just too great to throw them into a pressure situation right off the bat.

Besides, one way or another, Bowyer will be the closer by August. If Borowski flat out sucks, Bowyer will eventually get the job. If Borowski is lights out, he'll be dealt at the deadline.