WPLG: Baseball officials were in town last week

Guest Moneyball

Guest Moneyball

Jimmy Cefalo mentioned during a Marlins Portland visit report that baseball officials were down here last week. He didn't say who came and who they met with but it is interesting that talks resumed so quickly after the holiday break.

Guest Moneyball

so does this mean the stadium deal will get done? ...does anyone have a clue with some evidence to support it?

It doesn't mean anything towards the deal getting done. It just means the league wants to exhaust all of it's options in Miami.

The fact alone that it came from the mouth of a journalist on a local TV station should be evidence enough. :rolleyes:

so does this mean the stadium deal will get done? ...does anyone have a clue with some evidence to support it?

It doesn't mean anything towards the deal getting done. It just means the league wants to exhaust all of it's options in Miami.

The fact alone that it came from the mouth of a journalist on a local TV station should be evidence enough. :rolleyes:

but Money what is your opinion...do you think it will get done?...you seem pretty knowledgeable aboutt this stuff

Guest Moneyball

but Money what is your opinion...do you think it will get done?...you seem pretty knowledgeable aboutt this stuff

I don't know what to think anymore. This seemed like a done deal a few months ago and look what happened. :confused

From what I've heard, Wayne having gotten the good PR he was looking for ("See, I really did do everything I could to keep them here, don't I look good wearing the white hat...") and the bad news from the county planners that Wayne's World might not be the boon to the neighborhood he's been touting, has cooled off considerably about doing a deal with the Fish (if there ever really was one).

George Steinbrenner has purchased the Florida Marlins, L.P. to become the first owner in Major League Baseball history to own a franchise in both leagues. The Marlins have acquired Manny Ramirez, Miguel Tejada, Vladimir Guerrero, and the entire Tampa Bay Devil Rays farm system.

George Steinbrenner has purchased the Florida Marlins, L.P. to become the first owner in Major League Baseball history to own a franchise in both leagues. The Marlins have acquired Manny Ramirez, Miguel Tejada, Vladimir Guerrero, and the entire Tampa Bay Devil Rays farm system.

I knew there was another way to get Gathright.

Guest Moneyball

Wait until he starts making the trades. Who's the next Mondesi?