January 30, 200620 yr What number did Girardi wear with the Yankees? 25. Maybe that's why Jacobs didn't take it? Girardi wore #7 with the Cubs in his first tour of duty, and also wore 8 and 27. He wore #8 with the Cards in his last season. http://www.baseball-almanac.com/players/pl...php?p=girarjo01
January 31, 200620 yr I don't know what # he had with the Yanks but wasn't he wearing number 8 in his photos last fall... You are correct. Girardi was presented with a jersey sporting the number 8 at the introductory press conference on October 20. Here's the LINK. (Source: Palm Beach Post)
January 31, 200620 yr Odd and disgusting that they'd hand over Conine (19's still open) and Castillo's numbers so easily. I really thought both of those could at least be left vacant for the time being to decide what should be done with them. Even more interesting is that Resop switched from being #51 to #44 yet Olsen didn't want 51 (the number that he's worn throughout the minors) opting instead for AJ's old #34. connie's real number is 18 not 19. He came back and became 19 because lowell had taken over 18.
January 31, 200620 yr connie's real number is 18 not 19. He came back and became 19 because lowell had taken over 18. I believe it's the other way around.
January 31, 200620 yr I'm glad Vargas kept 56 after spending so much money on a jersey You shouldn't be allowed to wear the jersey of a god.
February 1, 200620 yr I'm glad Vargas kept 56 after spending so much money on a jersey You shouldn't be allowed to wear the jersey of a god. Who used to be #56?
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.