Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chris Mortensen on espnews just said...

Featured Replies

that he believes the Vikings will trade Daunte Culpepper within the next 24 hours. He said the top two teams to get him are the Raiders and Dolphins with the Raiders being the favorite of the two.

 

No matter where he goes(Raiders or Dolphins), it will be very interesting.

UPDATE: on NFLTA they reported the trade was agreed upon by the vikings and the other team (wont say who) but they did say its NOT the raders. So hopefully it means another team came in because i want drew!!

UPDATE: on NFLTA they reported the trade was agreed upon by the vikings and the other team (wont say who) but they did say its NOT the raders. So hopefully it means another team came in because i want drew!!

 

I just heard that on NFL Network...

If Mort is correct the Phins got Culpepper I just heard it was not the Raiders.

UPDATE: on NFLTA they reported the trade was agreed upon by the vikings and the other team (wont say who) but they did say its NOT the raders. So hopefully it means another team came in because i want drew!!

 

I just heard that on NFL Network...

Twin Cities radio station KFAN is also reporting that Daunte has been traded. Details won't come out until tomorrow. Although I have a feeling we'll hear a "leak" tonight. KFAN is the "flagship" station for Vikings football.

 

NFL Network link: http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9295762

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

  • Author

I'm gonna take a nap and hopefully when I wake up some more news will be out. If Daunte can be the Daunte of 2004 I would love him in Miami.

 

Daunte Culpepper/Ronnie Brown/Ricky(?)

Chris Chambers/Randy McMichael

 

That's a possible top 5 offense.

 

AHEAD: MIN close to trading Culpepper

 

On espnews. Maybe I'll stay up.

I know i really want brees but people are saying the rotator cuff injury is alot worse then what they are releasing to the public :-(.

I know i really want brees but people are saying the rotator cuff injury is alot worse then what they are releasing to the public :-(.

 

 

And his doctor is saying his recovery is ahead of schedule.

I know i really want brees but people are saying the rotator cuff injury is alot worse then what they are releasing to the public :-(.

 

 

And his doctor is saying his recovery is ahead of schedule.

 

All things being equal I think Dolphins fans would prefer Brees, but I just don't see why the Chargers would be so willing to let him go unless they had real concerns about the injury.

I do not see it being us if it is a 1st round pick. Nick values his picks too much like the system they have up in NE and the fact that the new deal increases the money we can throw at Brees, I can't see it. I am also hoping if we did get him we didn't give much.

I know i really want brees but people are saying the rotator cuff injury is alot worse then what they are releasing to the public :-(.

 

 

And his doctor is saying his recovery is ahead of schedule.

 

All things being equal I think Dolphins fans would prefer Brees, but I just don't see why the Chargers would be so willing to let him go unless they had real concerns about the injury.

 

The GM has apparently always been a big fan of Rivers. So, that's one possibility. I'm sure injury concerns are an issue, too. But Dr. James Andrews isn't going to publicly lie about Brees' condition, and the Chargers don't have anyone on staff whose opinion is going to carry more weight than Dr. Andrews, so I don't think it's an overriding concern.

I know i really want brees but people are saying the rotator cuff injury is alot worse then what they are releasing to the public :-(.

 

 

And his doctor is saying his recovery is ahead of schedule.

 

All things being equal I think Dolphins fans would prefer Brees, but I just don't see why the Chargers would be so willing to let him go unless they had real concerns about the injury.

 

Phillip Rivers makes the decision a little easier.

 

Plus, this is my opinion only but a banged up shoulder is a lot easier to come back from than a completely rebuilt knee, especially for a scrambling QB like Culpepper.

It's not a first round pick. O wouldn't give anything higher than a third round pick.

 

I have no problem with Culpepper, HOWEVER, I wouldn't give up much considering he may not be available until October if at all next year. Why not wait for the Minnesota to just waive him?

 

How about trading Ricky for Culpepper? Even trade as both may not play next year? :)

on mike and mike this morning they stated the dolphins have denied being part of the culpepper trade craze. Basically it sounds like brees is whom we want. He comes here this weekend.

on mike and mike this morning they stated the dolphins have denied being part of the culpepper trade craze. Basically it sounds like brees is whom we want. He comes here this weekend.

 

I hope its true.

I can't imagine the Saints being the favorite. That team is going nowhere, and who wants to play in New Orleans right now? Nothing like playing in an empty stadium.

 

Brees has had a taste of winning. I don't see him going to New Orleans.

 

Miami will offer him a competitive contract, and they're team that's headed in the right direction.

I think saban will convince him to come to miami for a chance at winning too.

 

The Saints can offer alot more as can Minnesota

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.