Some Marlin notes

Shamrock

Florida - Brian Moehler was skipped in the rotation as a result on Saturday?s rainout. If he struggles once again, he might be sent to the pen permanently. Moehler has a 13.14 ERA after three starts. The candidates to replace him would be relievers Josh Johnson and Ricky Nolasco and Triple-A Albuquerque?s Yusmeiro Petit, who has a 2.70 ERA after four starts. All have upside, though none would be a particularly good bet in NL-only leagues right away. From a fantasy standpoint, I prefer Johnson as a reliever, as he might be a candidate to close should Joe Borowski stumble. ? Five hits in two days last week have given Reggie Abercrombie momentary control of the center field job. He now has nearly twice the number of at-bats of Eric Reed, who went to the plate just once all of last week. It would come as no surprise to see the Malins pick up Cody Ross or Joe Borchard and send down Reed this week. ? In right field, Matt Cepicky has made three straight starts over Chris Aguila, even though he?s never done anything to suggest he can be a useful major leaguer. It should be Aguila filling in, but the point may become moot if Jeremy Hermida (hip) returns Friday as scheduled.

I pretty much agree with everything said here.

*I wouldn't mind seeing Ross or Borchard acquired...dependent on price.

*Cepicky should not be starting over Aguila right now...guess they were looking for lightning in a bottle or it was an agreement made with him when he was optioned to AAA.

*Reggie definitely won himself some more ABs and a roster spot over Reed with his 2-game breakout. Not saying he'll continue, but we don't have much else. If hits poorly from now until Hermida comes back, I say Aguila should takeover CF.

I too agree with pretty much everything he said and what you said Shamrock.

Cody Ross > Joe Borchard who is about = Reed.

They are not worth anything more than the mysterious PTBNL or cash.

Yep, which makes even more angry because better players than both were placed on waivers after spring training, but we chose instead to go with BOTH Reed and Reg. Reg earned it through his amazing spring, but Reed should have been assigned to AAA and another OFer acquired.

What's been the story with Borchard anyway? Wasn't he a pretty highly rated 'spect way back when?

Anthing would be better than Reed right now. Cepicky probably won't last long either. No qualms with picking up Cody Ross.

yep, he was a decently rated guy, but his contact skills never improved, although the power and walks are there.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.