Fish4Life

KORN Relaunches "The Family Values Tour"

Offers Summer's Only $9.99 Festival Tickets

30-Date Trek With KORN

Deftones

Stone Sour

Flyleaf

Kicks Off July 27th

Multi-platinum trend-setting hard rock outfit KORN and concert producer Live Nation will reintroduce The Family Values Tour this summer with a 30-city trek through North America. The traveling festival will feature KORN and Deftones along with Stone Sour and Flyleaf on the main stage.

Set to launch July 27 in Virginia Beach, VA, The Family Values Tour marks the return of the highly successful rock festival, which KORN created and headlined in 1998. For the first time, The Family Values Tour will also feature a second stage. Acts appearing on the second stage will be announced shortly.

"When Family Values first started it felt like music was fresh and exciting," says KORN frontman Jonathan Davis. "We want to recreate that same feeling for our fans, and offer them a full day of fun and some great music."

KORN are touring in support of their first release on Virgin Records, See You On The Other Side, which has sold over 1.7 million copies worldwide in just four months, and has spawned the major radio and video hits "Twisted Transistor" and "Coming Undone."

Through KORN's unique partnership with Live Nation, lawn tickets for The Family Values Tour are being offered for just $9.99 with value-priced seating available at every outdoor amphitheatre stop on the summer trek.

"Let's face it, ticket prices suck," says Davis. "Kids shouldn't be shut out of concerts. We wanted to see if we could do something about it, and our new deal gives us the chance to give something back."

KORN's desire to offer value-priced tickets is consistent with their reputation as artists known for unconventional moves that challenge industry standards and expectations. The effect of their unique partnerships is not limited to concert tickets. This innovative deal expands on the unprecedented partnership KORN created with EMI Music in September 2005. Through that deal, KORN has also been able to offer their latest album for $9.99 at major retailers across the country including Circuit City, Best Buy, KMart, Walmart and Target.

The Family Values Tour will hit the following cities (dates and venues TBA): Albuquerque, NM; Alpine Valley, WI; Atlanta, GA; Boston, MA; Camden, NJ; Cleveland, OH; Columbus, OH; Dallas, TX; Darien, CT; Denver, CO; Detroit, MI; Hartford, CT; Holmdel, NJ; Houston, TX; Indianapolis, IN; Kansas City, MO; Nashville, TN; Phoenix, AZ; Pittsburgh, PA; Raleigh, NC; Sacramento, CA; San Antonio, TX; San Bernardino, CA; Saratoga, NY; St. Louis, MO; Toronto, ONT; Virginia Beach, VA; Wantagh, NY; Washington, DC; West Palm Beach, FL. For up-to-the-minute updates on this summer's The Family Values Tour, check out www.familyvalueslive.com. SOUTH FLORIDA NEWS: The Family Values Tour Will Take Over The Sound Advice Amphitheatre In West Palm Beach In August! Keep Listening To The New 93 ROCK And Checking Back Here At 93rock.com For The Latest Updates!

About The Family Values Tour:

The first trek launched September 22, 1998 with a bill headlined by KORN and with performances from Rammstein, Ice Cube, Limp Bizkit and Orgy. 1999's line-up featured headliners Limp Bizkit, along with Filter, The Crystal Method, Primus, Staind, Mobb Deep, Ja Rule, and Method Man & Redman. KORN also made surprise appearances at a few dates. Beyond the live touring aspect, the debut outing of The Family Values Tour spawned a gold-certified live album and platinum-certified companion home video. This was followed in spring 2000 with the second live disc and long-form home video. The 2001 trek featured Stone Temple Pilots, Linkin Park, Staind, Static-X and Deadsy. In 1998, the Los Angeles Times noted that the tour "certainly proved to be one of the rock spectacles of the year," while the New York Daily News said it "created a bold new profile for hard guitar bands."

Not a bad price... I will for sure being checking this out. Im familiar with this tour. I was able to go to the one mentioned above, in 2001 with STP, Staind, Linkin Park, Static-X, and Deadsy. It was AWESOME! Concerts keep coming up looks to be great musical summer! :thumbup

Guest Juanky

I heard this on the radio this morning, Flyleaf isn't a bad band.

I don't know if I despise anyone in the music industry right now more than I hate KoRn, though. They're so bad.

This does give me an idea for a thread, though.

Well some of their new stuff is pretty good but not all. You should check them out becaus they play all their stuff and they are excellent live.

I've seen KoRn live twice. They're good, but nothing to write home about.

I got my first KoRn album at a Metallica concert. They were throwing free albums into the crowd. This was around the summer of '95 and I happened to catch a Lars thrown self-titled Korn album (in my opinion the best one).

• 2 weeks later...