April 26, 200620 yr According to WUSA-TV Washington, MLB has chosen Washington real estate magnate Theodore Lerner as the new owner of the Nationals. The Lerner Group will edge out the groups led by Washington businessmen Fred Malek and Jeffrey Zients and Indianapolis radio tycoon Jeff Smulyan, which is probably good news. Former Braves president Stan Kasten is expected to serve as the team's president after Lerner assumes control next month. Apr. 26 - 2:15 pm et Source: WUSA9.com I thought Malek was going to get them. I am kinda suprised.
April 27, 200620 yr Not that I don't believe you but I haven't read anything from any traditional news outlet about it.
April 27, 200620 yr it's the Lerner group, it's a fact :o this is actually quite momentous news. congrats. :hat
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.