James leading vote-getter on All-NBA first team

MrAndMrsFish

NEW YORK ? (AP) ? Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James was the leading vote-getter on the All-NBA first team, which included Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant and Phoenix Suns guard Steve Nash.

Dallas forward Dirk Nowitzki and Miami center Shaquille O'Neal rounded out the first team, announced Wednesday by the league.

James, who averaged 31.4 points, 7.0 rebounds and 6.6 assists in leading the Cavaliers to their first playoff appearance in eight years. Michael Jordan, Oscar Robertson and Jerry West are the only other players in NBA history to average at least 31 points, seven rebounds and six assists in a season.

James received 116 first-place votes and 610 total points from the panel of 126 media members.

Bryant, who led the league with 35.4 points a game, was selected to the team for the fourth time. He scored 50 or more points six times this season

Nash, who won the MVP award for the second straight season, led the league with 10.5 assists. Nowitzki averaged a career-high 26.6 points and lead the Mavericks with 9.0 rebounds.

O'Neal made the team for the seventh straight season and the eighth overall. He averaged 20 points, 9.2 rebounds and led the league in field goal percentage (60 percent) for the ninth time, tying Wilt Chamberlain for the most all-time.

He will come to Orlando after next year!

One can only dream.....Magic will have most cap room in the NBA.

PG- Jameer Nelson, Carlos Arroyo

SG- JJ Reddick, Deshawn Stevenson

SF- Lebron James, Hedo Turkoglu

PF- Darko Milicic, Tony Battie

C- Dwight Howard

YEAH! lol

Redick*

Sorry, that has just always struck a nerve.

Guest Fritz

Orlando will be very awesome in the near future. It'd be nice to make a play for LeBron. I'd imagine our attendance would blow up and we'd get a new stadium like whoa.

Actually, it seems like LeBron has intentions of staying in Cleveland. Not that it probably won't happen, but here's his quote in ESPN.com: "I'm really happy right now with what's going on," he said. "I love my teammates and the coaching staff. We'll see what happens."

I'm taking that with a grain of salt, though. The maximum bling the Cavs can put up for him is 5 years, $75 million. A scenario to think about though: what if the Cavs make the Finals? hmmm :mischief2